Psychic - Task One

User: S-and-S

Name: Jaime Nicholi

I could hear the train coming and held on tight to my mother's leg. “Mommy? What's happening?” I cried.
She smiled down at me, “Don't you worry, baby. This is gonna be fun!”
I didn't budge, “But mommy...”
“Hush angel,” she bent down and and unwrapped my arms from around her legs. She grabbed my shoulders and made me look her in the eye. “Everything is going to be alright. Now I want you to go and stand on the tracks.”
“Bu-”
“Do it now Jaime! And don't move, no matter what.”
“I-”
“Jaime!”
I nodded and moved over to the tracks. Looking at her one last time, I took a step forward and stood on the tracks.
“That's it! Don't move!”
I didn't. And the train got closer. I could see it now, roaring as it sped closer and closer to me. I covered my ears and turned to my mom.
“Mommy! I don't want to do this anymore!”
“Don't you dare move!”
It was maybe ten feet away now and I closed my eyes as tight as I could. “Mommy! Please!” But she didn't say anything.
And I couldn't hear the train anymore.
I slowly pulled my hands away from my ears and blinked open my eyes. The train had stopped right in front of me. My mom was grinning, but she wasn't moving. Nothing was moving.
Everything had stopped.
I carefully stepped over the tracks and ran back to my mother, gripping her shirt. The second I did the train started moving again.
“Don't- Jaime?”
Her eyes danced around for a second before they finally found me holding onto her.
Her smile grew even wider, “I knew it! No one believed me, but I knew it! You teleported, didn't you? Or you stopped time?” She bent down to hug me, but before she could I was swept up off the ground.
My mom blinked, “Wh-who are you?”
“Thomas. Your daughter is now a competitor in the Keeper Exams. And if I have anything to do with it, you won't ever see her again.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User: CutePonies1234

Name: Ruby Savard

I was gossiping with my BFFs.

The Gift came quick.

We were attacked by robbers with guns.

I was mad. So I stood and yelled "STOP!" Just at the same moment the robber fired a gun. I had my hands like a ball.

Then time froze. The bullet was frozen, targeting for my heart. I had it enclosed in my hands. Then I fainted. Time burst.

I saw a man, running in, picking my body up. I didn't care whatever he was.

My Gift came quick. Quick as a bullet shot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User: PJHDstoryteller

Name: Roman Grey

I wake up startled from another one of my nightmares. I stare up at the ceiling and breath, trying to calm my racing heart.

All I do for a while is breath, trying to scrape off the last of the dream that still stuck in my mind.

I try to forget the sensation of an itch at the back of my mind. I know I can see the future, my parents told me I could when I was 10, but I really don't want to.

I never asked for this, I never wanted to be a freak.

I sigh and sit up, hanging my legs off my bed. For a moment, I close my eyes and there is silence. Not the sound of a bird to be heard, not the whisper of the wind. I feel like I am floating, and I am no longer living in an overcrowded house.

There is a sweet serenity in the silence that I-

The door to my room slams open and my younger brother, Rutherford screams at the top of his lungs, "Wakey Wakey!"

My eyes fly open in alarm and I groan as Rutherford starts running around the room, jumping on my bed.

I stand up on the cold floor and yell at him, "Could you be any more annoying?"

"Let me try." He laughed and, impossibly, became even louder and more energetic.

"Honey?" My mom called to me from the kitchen, "You have a visitor!"

"I'm not kidding, Ruth! Shut up!" I try to grab him, but he is too fast and runs off of my bed and between my legs.

"Roman!" My mom calls again.

"One second!" I yell.

I lunge for the tiny misfit and almost land on my face when he scrambles out of my reach.

"Roman!" My mom starts to walk over to my room.

"Nah nah nah nah nah!" Rutherford taunts me.

"Would you Shut the. Hell! Up!" I scream and suddenly time stops.

Literally.

Rutherford is stuck mid-jump on my bed and my mom has frozen right outside my door. My mouth falls open.

I'd heard about people who were able to do this, but-could I- could I possibly be doing this? I knew I had powers, but to this extent?

My surprise turns to happiness and I let out a laugh as I stare at Ruth. And as my laughter escalated, time spedback up again and Ruth fell, my mom stepped into the room, and another boy I didn't know walked into my room too.

I wiped at my eyes and smiled at him, "I'm sorry, this is probably a bad time."

"Actually," the boy said, "This is perfect."

My smile faded away, "What do you mean?"

He held out his hand, "I'm Thomas." He said, "And I'd be happy to tell you that you are one of the candidates for the Keeper exams."