Survival - Task One

User: pebbleintherocks

Name: Apollo Rose

"Truth or dare?" Callie asks me, as her eyes light up because it's her turn to ask the question and her the corner of her mouth turns up into her knowing smirk.

I consider this question for quite some time deciding what to chose. Callie is known for choosing the best dares, but also choosing the best questions. Either way its a win-win situation for Callie. The last dare she gave me was to take an ice tray and all at once place them in my shirt, on my back and let it sit there until they all melted. I mean it was cold, but it didn't really effect me much.

Last time, for truths, she made me admit my crush in front of my crush and half the school, at a party we were at. It was beyond embarrassing.

"Dare." I hear someone say before I realized it was me speaking.

She must have had this question for a while because she then blurts or more like yells out "I dare you to walk across your pond in the back and then go to the center and jump up and down five times"

Oh Lord. What did I get myself into? "Fine. Let's go," I reply, standing up off my bedroom floor and helping my friend Kelsey and Lily up.

We silently run down the stairs, in hopes my mom doesn't hear us from her room. We walked through the kitchen into the back porch and slid on our shoes. It's was getting dark outside plus it was extremely cold out, atleast my friends were complaining it was, and we were only wearing pajamas. I was the only one wearing pajama shorts, shouldn't I be the one whining? It is, like, below 20 degrees.

The four of us walked over to the pond and stood there for a moment. I took a breath and stared at the pond to see if it was completely frozen. I slowly step onto the frozen water and it seems completely frozen so I starting walking. It was kinda fun in a weird way, so I started walking faster until I reached the other side.

I went back to the center and started sliding around, pretending I was ice skating. My friends and I were laughing the entire time. I then start in on my jumps. My first one I was hesitant, but when I finished the second jump I was confident to do a full jump. The next thing i remember was complete darkness.

I woke up to see find myself in a hospital. A doctor standing beside the bed talking to my mother. I sit up feeling no pain, wondering why I was here. I fake a cough to get there attention. My mom looks down at me and walks over to hug me. The Doctor just looks at me with a confused look.

"Honey we thought you were going to be in a coma." My mom says, letting go.
"What?" I have no idea what she is talking about.
"You fell through the pond, and nearly cracked your skull on the ice. Don't you remember?"

Oh, so that's what happened after I jumped. "Yeah, yeah. I remember."
"This is strange, normally anyone under your condition would atleast me out until after 3 hours. You've just arrived half an hour ago. Do you feel anything? Hurting? Cold?" The doctor says, looking down on his clipboard looking uncertain.

"Yes. No. I'm feel completely fine. I just want to be alone right now, if that's alright." I do feel tired, but not in the injured way, the bored tired.
"Yes, that is fine. I will just run things over with your mom out in the hallway." He walks out the door, my mom following behind him.

I look down and realize I was wearing a hospital dress. Who changed me? Hoping it was my mom, or else I would feel violated. I hear the door open and I look up. It's Callie, who looks like she's been crying.

"Hey girl!" I say.
She walks over and hugs me. "I am sooo sorry. I didn't know that would happen, its all my fault, I should've never dar-"
I cut her off before she says anything else.
"Its fine! I literally don't feel anything different at all."
"Well me and the girls felt really bad. Lily and Kelsey's mom came to pick them up and my mom is out front so I have to go, but I am soo sorry," she says walking out the door.

I lay back in the bed, which to note is super uncomfortable, and close my eyes. No more than 20 seconds later the door opens again, and a tall, skinny, guy with brown hair walks in.

"Who are you?" I ask, a little bit creeped out.
"Thomas. Are you Apollo Rose?" He walks closer to the bed.
"Y-yes. Why?" I reply.
"Apollo Rose, you have been chosen to be in the Keepers Exam. I'm Thomas and you need to come with me."

I don't know why I trusted him, maybe because he was kinda attractive or maybe because I was just really bored, but I just felt the need to go with him. I had no idea that my life was about to be changed tremendously.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User: HungerGamesWolf

Name: Jace

The foggy street was vacant and the birds chirped ever so happily to the absent humans. I walked slowly down the road, breathing in the polluted air of the city. My destination was a small pharmacy the end of 14th, where my Mother slowly drained away her life. As I walk, my phone begins to vibrate in my back pocket.

"Hello?" I answer. The phone spits nothing but static so I hang up. "Who was that?" I scavenge through my call log.

Unknown.

Probably just one of those odd advisement people. I keep grinding, and hear a sharp whistle. I twist behind me and see a Man in a dark trench-coat and matching fedora, covering his face in a shadowy manner. He watches me cautiously so I speed into a jog. He follows behind, but still observes from afar. I have to lose this guy, so I go into a dash, rushing left down an alley.

A dead end.

The dark man approachs eerily. "Look bud, I don't wanna hurt you." I shout.

"We need to talk Jace."

Jace? He knows my name? He walks closer to me, and then...time slows. The world shifts until an ethereal like state. His hand reaches towards me in a ghost like movement, then everything restarts again. He reaches and I smack his hand away.

"Back up, mate." I chuckle. "You don't wanna know what happens if you come closer."

He lifts up his hat and laughs.

"I'm Thomas." The Man smiles.

"Do you think I care?"

"Well..." His voice trails. All of a sudden he's attacking. I foresee every movement and drop him on the floor with a sweep kick.

"Ha. Nice." He continues laughing. Thomas jumps up and stares me in the eye.

"Do you know what The Keeper Exams are?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User: Me-wowzer

Name: Diana Loch

I had known about my powers for a long time, and had learned how to use them. I realized I had them a long time ago, when I almost died. I was helping my brother Andy look for some sticks for his house-model project. We had decided to split up, but once we had an armful of sticks we would bring them back to a wheelbarrow. We weren't going to stop until it was full. It ended up with us having none. I went deep into the forest to hopefully find some thicker sticks. I kept thinking I was being watched. I pulled on a stick that was partly under a bush; it wouldn't budge. No matter how hard I pulled, it wouldn't move. A drop of saliva fell in front of me. I looked up, there was a bear looming over me! I gazed in fear at his glaring eyes for what seemed like hours. The bear finally struck, it slammed its paws down on my head. My vision went black and white, and I felt like my brain was swimming in molasses. I feebly tried to escape, but the bear kept attacking me. Then my vision went dark. When I awoke, I realized that the had thought I had almost died. I barely lived. The bear was probably protecting its cubs and didn't think I was worth eating. Andy had left me, thinking I left without him. He did apologize when I told him what happened though. Two years later, I was practicing my powers however I could. Though like in the forest two years ago, I felt the sensation of someone watching me. I looked around, but saw no one. I kept practicing. Then a guy stepped out of a bush claiming to be named Thomas. He said that I was I. The Keeper Exams, and I knew from this moment that my life would change.