Survival - Task Three

User: Me-wowzer

Name: Diana Loch

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User: HungerGamesWolf

Name: Jace

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User: pebbleintherocks

Name: Apollo Rose

I’ve been nervous since the first moment I’ve entered this place. To make matters worse I have an interview with Kate in an hour or so. From what I’ve heard Kate is nice and all, but when it comes down to interviews or any one-on-one meetings, with someone I’m not familiar to, I panick.

I’m as open as can be with my friends and family, but with strangers I kinda choke and get super self-conscious.

 I am eating lunch with Wednesday and some of her friends. Ever since our brawl and make-up we’ve been pretty close. She is super cool and nice, but it’s still not the same as my normal crew. I miss them so much and just wish I could go back one last time to see them.

We finish our meals and talk for a while before I have to go. I walk into the main building and up the stairs to where Kate’s office is. I try to brush off all my nerves before manning up and walking in.
Kate looks up at me and gives me a reassuring smile. We introduce and she tells me to take a seat. She says it shouldn’t take long and that she could tell I was nervous, that there was nothing to be nervous about. Hopefully, l thought.

She takes a notepad and a pen and begins with the questions. “How do you feel about being an apprentice in the Keepers Exams? I take a second to think about it.

“Well..um. I didn’t ever expect me to even be involved in anything like this. I’ve always believed that “magic” and “powers” were all made up, so I guess I’m a little taken back.” I answer truthfully. I have never in my life believed in any of this, let alone any of it happening to me. Of all people.

“Do you think you have what it takes to be in the Keepers Exams?”
“I don’t know..I mean I can try! I try not to give up on things...but I don’t necessarily know what I need to have to be good in this.” I hope my answers aren’t crappy. It’s the truth and I’m feeling very nervous again...oh boy!

Greatest Weakness..Strength?
“Like I said before I try very hard..to my best ability. But my weakness would be I am a nonviolent person..or atleast try to be and I don’t like hurting people.” Even as the words are coming out of my mouth I hear how horrible this is turning. Why can’t I just be good at this?

How far are you willing to go to be a Keeper? “I will go as far as I humanly-wait no...as long as umm I can to make it very far in the Exams.” I reply to her. She is writing down every word I’m saying which is making this even worse. Can’t I trade places with someone else and they go through this.
1-10 on how much control you have of your gift? I replied by saying something like having half control because I haven’t really experienced a lot with my gift and something about having more practice I could control it more. I am not really sure how bad this is...can’t really read Kate’s facial expressions, but kinda have an idea.
Kate looks up from writing and asks me a question that makes me answer differently than what I thought I would. Do you feel cheated for not getting trained as a child? I did not know how to answer that. I mean yeah, maybe if I would have known since the beginning I would have been prepared, or I wouldn’t feel so different than everyone who has knows all their lives.
I feel like I’ve been lied to. By everyone here, and more importantly my mom. She had to know right, and she has kept this secret from me all along. This is what I told Kate, she hands me a tissue and I realized I there was a stray tear half way down my left cheek.

I fix my face and answer her next question. Do you feel like you are prepared for the Exams?

I turn to Kate and say “With the equipment you let us use its amazing. But I think I need more practice before being on the same level as everyone else. They have trained all their lives and have their skills almost perfected, and I am just know learning exactly what it is my power does.” She gives me a knowing glance and smiles.

We go through the last of her questions before she ends the interview. I’m not sure how good this went or most likely how horrible it went, but I am glad its over. Hopefully to become a keeper there are no more interviews, because I’m sure I would botch it.