Ms. Venable

Today is your first day at the outpost and it is almost time for dinner. You are super nervous because you have been suffering with Anorexia for a while now and you know everyone eats at the table together and you are extremely anxious about how you can hide your food and or somehow just not eat it without being found out.

You're currently pacing your room when you hear a knock at your door. You say chewing on your finger nail, "Come in."

A grey walks in and tells you supper is ready you tell her you are on your way.

You walk into the dining room and sit down next to a girl you had made friends with, Emily.

  She had recently come in at the same time with a boy and she was talking to you about how much she liked him.

  Ms. Venable approaches the table and sits down at the head of the table which is next to Emily.

  The greys bring out the plates and you start bouncing your leg from nerves. Once your plate is infront of you, you take the top off to reveal a cube.

  You ask Emily in confusion, "What's this?" She answers, "It's this cube thing with vitamins and shit like that. It's kind of gross but just try to get it down." I slightly nod.

  You always had to know how many calories were in your food to be able to eat it and you had no idea about this cube so you become very anxious.

  You cut it up into small bites and eat a little bit then when you thought no one was looking, hide them under your napkin.

  After dinner, you go to the library and find a book to try to distract yourself because your brain was screaming at you to go workout in your room to work it off and you didn't want to.

  After a while, Ms. Venable walks in and sits next to you on the couch. You close your book and look at her.

  She's the most beautiful woman you've ever seen but you would never tell her that. You don't think she's gay and you don't want it to make it akward between the two of you.

  She says, "I was watching you while you were eating tonight." Your heart drops and you slightly start to sweat. She asks concerned, "Do you have disordered eating?"

You are thinking of things to come up with to say how you're fine but tears start to run down your face.

You look down embarrassed and Ms. Venable takes her finger and pushes your chin up.

She asks, "Do you want me to help you? I know eating infront of a crowd can be stressful. How about I eat with you in your room for a while and once you're ready to go back with the other we can."

You ask, "Why are you being so nice to me?" She replies, "When I was younger I struggled with eating disorders and I want to help you."

You nod and respond, "That plan sounds good." She smiles and says, "Alright good I'll see you for breakfast at your room in the morning."

She gets up to leave and I return to reading my book.

  The next few days I really struggle to eat my cube in my room with Ms. Venable but she gives me recovery tips on how to not make it so difficult and I start to feel a little better and can eat a little more than half my cube now.

  During our meal times we share our experiences with mental health and relate to each other. After two weeks I start eating in the dinning room with everyone else again and sit next to Ms. Venable.

  She just told them we just wanted to eat in our own seperate rooms for a while and since that didn't really make a whole lot of sense she answered their questions with, "That is none of your business." No one would ever questioned her so everyone just dropped it.
_______________________________

AN:
Hi fellow humans sry I haven't updated in a couple months, yikes. I hope you enjoyed this chapter (• •)

Word Count 708