Audrey

⚠️TW: Car accident, dying but coming back?

Word count: 1,193
________________________

I'm listening to music in my car and singing along to the lyrics. I'm on my way to get my car inspected and my wife, Audrey, is following behind me in her car so she can take me home after I drop my car off.

All the sudden I see a car driving towards me, so going the opposite way on the highway, and crash into me. It all happened so fast. The airbag goes off and it fucking scares me almost as much as the crash.

I start feeling alot of pain in my body in all different places. I look down to see a metal thin rod through my chest and try not to completely panic. I see the blood spewing out slowly and then see my right arm bent wrong.

I hear a voice and turn my head to see my worried girlfriend crying and ask as she opens the car door, "Oh god baby! I called 911, an ambulance is on the way!" My eye lids feel heavy and I feel very lightheaded.

My eyes slowly shut halfway and Audrey screams holding onto my face with her hands, "NO BABE PLEASE STAY AWAKE! YOU CANNOT DIE, I CANNOT LOSE YOU! PLEASE! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! FIGHT BABY PLEASE FIGHT!"

I nod and try really hard. She kisses the top of my head and says, "It's all going to be okay." I sob holding out my hand and replying, "Sweet pea please, please hold my hand. I love you so much and everyday with you has been the best ones of my life."

  She sobs and yells, "No because Y/n you are not dying, you're going to be fine!" I slightly nod and she sits on the part of the car she can sit on which is next to the stearing wheel. She runs her fingers through my y/c/h and says, "I know it's getting harder for you to breathe but don't worry, I already hear the ambulance coming, they're going to help you okay, you're going to be just fine my darling."

  Once the Paramedics load me into the vehicle, I can't hold my eyes open anymore so they close and I slip into darkness.

Audrey's POV:

  Right before I get into the ambulance, I see the guy who caused the crash in a black body bag. I put my hand over my mouth and gasp. I sit down on the seat in the back part, next to the doors, and watch the paramedics start treating my poor hurt Y/n.

  I see her eyes close and the machine line go flat. My heart stop and I scream, "NO!!!!!" I try to breath as tears are pouring down my face but can't. I start praying to every god from every religion I can fucking think of to bring her back.

  I see one of them grab shock paddles and shock her. After two, I see the lines on the machine start moving up and down again.
•••••

  I'm sitting in a chair next to my baby's bed while holding her hand, the one without the blue cast on it. She's been out for a while and the nurses have offered me food but I declined because I can't bring myself to eat anything.

  I see her eyes flutter open and I feel so happy that she's going to be okay now. I lightly squeeze her hand and say, "Hey sweetheart." She looks at me in confusion and asks, "Hi, do I know you?"

  I ask also confused, "Honey it's me, it's Audrey." She slowly moves her hand away and my heart shatteres. She asks, "Who are you? I'm not sure who you are or where I am." I answer, "Did you lose your memories? Do you have amnesia?"

  She starts tearing up and replies, "I think so, I can't remember anything that's ever happened to me."
•••••

  The doctor told me that she'll get her memories back within two days at most. She has been cleared to go home and she said that she feels comfortable enough to go home with me which was a shock.

  I ask her when we get inside the car, "You technically don't know who I am, I know that the doctors told you i'm your wife but still, you believe me?" She nods and replies, "Yeah, first of all i'm going to be sad if it's not true because you're so breathing takingly beautiful and so nice and second I feel like i'm suppose to he around you that you were definitely in the memories I don't have right now and that they were good ones." I smile.
•••••

  The next day, after dinner, we're laying on the couch watching a movie. She leans her head on my shoulder halfway through and looks at me. I look down at her and refrain myself from crashing my lips into hers because yes it's her but it's not me to her.

   She moves her head closer to my lips and pushes them onto mine. I lean in to the kiss for a few seconds then break it saying, "I'm sorry, I can't, it's not really you yet, i'm sorry." She responds, "Hey it's alright."
•••••

  I didn't want to make her uncomfortable so I let her sleep in the guest room instead of our bed. I'm laying down in my empty king sized bed and put down my book and turn off my lamp so I can go to sleep.

  I hear a knock on the door and yell for her to come in. She sits on the side of the bed and says nervously, "I um... I had a nightmare and was wondering if I could sleep in here, I don't want to be alone." I respond, "Yeah of course, hop in, only if you're comfortable with it."

  She nods and responds, "I am, thanks." I smile and she lays down beside me. It takes everything in me to not cuddle with her, I don't want to make her comfy. She says, "Goodnight Audrey." I reply, "Goodnight, sweet dreams Y/n."
•••••

  The next day i'm currently in my home office reading over some scripts and waiting anxiously for her to remember me. I hear a scream and bolt out the door running into the living room.

  I see Y/n crying and hyperventilating on the couch. I rush over to her and sit infront of her on my knees. I ask, "What's wrong? What's wrong?"

  She answers, "I remember the accident but it's okay because Audrey I remember, I remember you. I love you so much, I missed you!" I start crying and pull her into a hug replying, "Oh my god, I missed you too baby, I love you so fucking much!" She squeezes me tighter and says, "Kiss me now, please."

  I bring my lips up to hers and kiss her. Once we break it so we can catch our breaths, she grabs my hand and squeezes it saying, "Here's me squeezing your hand back babe." She chuckles and squeezes mine too.