Ms. Venable

⚠️TW for cocaine bc Mutt and Jeff

Word count: 600
_______________

I'm at work with my girlfriend, Wilhelmina. She's going to give an important presentation at her conference meeting today and she wanted me to be there so I went to work with her.

  I'm sitting on the couch reading and she's at her desk typing away at her computer. She gets up and walks over to me with her hand on my shoulder and says, "I'll be right back." I give her a nod and a smile and she walks down the hall.

  It's been a while and she hasn't come back yet. I put my book down and get up walking over to her bosses office to ask if they have seen her. She told me to never talk to them but I'm going away.

  I walk in and ask Mutt but he didn't know. I walk over to the table and see a white powder in a bowl. I lean down to look at it when suddenly my environmental allergies made me stuffy. I didn't see a tissue near by so I sniffed.

  I accidentally sniffed up some powder and I asked Mutt what it was and he just said not to worry about it. I say to myself wiping some of the mysterious powder off my nose with my fingers, "Ew yuck."

  I walk back to Ms. Venable's office and see her sitting at her desk. She asks confused, "Where were you?" I answer sitting back on the couch, "Just looking for you." She nods and I pick back up my book and continue reading.  

  About twenty-five minutes later, I start to feel energized and close my book. I stand up and start spinning around around while giggling saying, "Wooo!" Mina looks up from her computer and asks, "What are you doing?" I reply excitedly, "Dancing weee!"

  I skip over to her and wrap my hands around her from behind her chair. I put my head on her shoulder saying, "Hii! Hee. Whatcha doing?" She asks concerned, "Baby are you okay?"

  All the sudden I unwrap my arms and slowly sit on the ground holding my chest and try to breathe, since it's taking more effort. I tear up and Mina spins her chair around with a concerned look on her face.

  I say, "Something's wrong." She gets out of her chair and sits on the ground next to me and asks, "Honey what's wrong?" I answer tears falling down my face, "My hearts beating really fast and I can't breathe."

  I turn to look at her and she brings her finger to my nose and taps on it. Inspecting her finger, she asks, "Y/n did you go into Mutt and Jeff's office?" I nod and respond, "I'm sorry." She wraps her arms around me and replies, "It's okay. Why did you do cocaine?"

I reply confused, "Oh my god! Is that what it was?" She asks not convinced, "You randomly sniffed in something and didn't think it was a drug?" I respond, "Actually I didn't mean to inhale it, I had a runny nose and sniffed and it got in my nose when I was looking at it."

She says, "Oh. Well, it's okay, you should feel better in an hour or two. I'll hold and stay with you till then." You ask wiping your tears with your hands, "What about your presentation?" She responds, "I'll reschedule it, I'll say it's a family emergency. Which isn't a lie."

I reply, "Thank you." She replies, "Of course babygirl, you're the most important thing to me."