Diane

⚠️TW: Panic Attack

AN: I added target squishmellow hunting. Hope you don't mind I just love them so much. Which one is your favorite? Mine is probably Malcolm the mushroom. I love his smile and I think he's my favorite bc since I was a tiny child i've always been obsessed with toad from mario and he remind me of him.

Word count: 784__________________________

Word count: 784
__________________________

Diane and I are in the car on the way to Target to go squishmellow hunting and grab groceries. Once I pull into a parking spot, one very close to the store which i'm excited about, and we get out of the car.

Once we head inside Diane and I wait in line at Starbucks to grab coffee. When we finally get up to the cashier, no one is behind us until now, this karen's kid, maybe eight, asks me, "You're how old and you still shop with your mom, what a weirdo, I want to stop hanging out with her as soon as possible."

The woman starts tearing up and says to him annoyed, "Brandon, get your ass over here!" She turns to look at me and says, "I'm sorry about him." I tell her it's fine then say to the little boy, "She's actually my girlfriend, not my mom." He smiles and replies, "Oh okay, my aunt has a wife, she's really nice." I smile and say, "That's cool."

Diane chuckles lightly and we grab our drinks and grab a cart. She pushes it and I wrap my pinkie around hers. She blushes and we head to the toy isle first to grab some squishs.

I see a 10 inch Chamaeleon squish, Denton, and snatch him up. I turn around to see Diane smiling and holding a graduation squish of Benny the Big Foot. She says, "For your coming up college grad babe." I reply smiling, "Ahhh So cute!"

She puts him in the cart and I see in the corner of my eye the carts the employees use to put products on the shelves with a MALCOLM THE MUSHROOM in 12 inches, my favorite one and favorite size! I quickly run over to grab him but a little boy grabs it a second before I do and he sticks his tongue in my face to rub in that he has it and I don't.

  I say pointing my finger with a shocked expression behind him, "OH MY GOSH LOOK AT THAT!" He turns his head and I grab the squishmellow

I say pointing my finger with a shocked expression behind him, "OH MY GOSH LOOK AT THAT!" He turns his head and I grab the squishmellow. He turns back around and says angrily, "THAT'S MINE!" I respond, "Mine now, i'll take better care of him than you would anyways, bye."

Am I proud of snatching a stuffed animal from an elementary school child, no but also kind of yes. Mine now. He starts scream crying and throws himself on the ground throwing a temper tantrum. I roll my eyes and stick my tongue out at him.

I walk back to the cart and Diane. She has a shocked expression on her face but chuckles as she asks, "Did... did you just steal that from a kid?" I answer with a smirk, "I'm sorry, i'm not sure what you're talking about." She replies, "Let's go to the other part of the store now before the Karen of the child comes to yell at us."

I laugh and nod in agreement. We're halfway through our list of groceries and my anxiety is getting worse than normal. I start playing with my fingers and taking deep breaths. We're looking at laundry detergent and I see a space inbetween the toilet paper.

I run and hide behind it and start tearing up. She quickly notices and runs up to me, after grabbing my my mushroom squish and placing it in my lap. She says as she puts her hands in mine, "It's okay sweetheart, no one is around, no one is looking at you. Squeeze my hands, okay. Squeeze tight and long breathe in, hold for a few seconds, and then breathe out, for me okay."

I nod and sniffle as she breathes with me for a while. After she helps calm me down, I say, "I'm okayish now." She nods and replies as I removes my hands from hers and grip onto Malcolm, "I'm so proud of you baby, you did so well, you're so brave."

I smile. She cares so much about me and is always helping me when i'm struggling with my mental health. She's such an amazing girlfriend, I love her so much.

I climb out and say, "Thank you." She kisses the top of my head and holds my hand responding, "Honey of course." We go back to shopping then head home.