Ms. Venable

⚠️TW: Eating disorders

Word count: 625
__________________________

I'm sitting on my chair in my room next to the warm fireplace reading my book when I hear a knock at the door. I say for them to come in and I see Ms. Venable walk in and say, "It seems that you are late for dinner."

I reply, "I'm not hungry so I'm just going to stay here and read." She responds, "Attending meals is mandatory, but I'll let it slide since you're in fact new."

I nod and get up and walk with her to the dinning room and sit with all the other purples. Everyone is deep in conversation and I sit there cutting my cube into tiny pieces moving them around my plate.

Coco looks over at me and asks, "Y/n you're not going to eat?" I respond, "No I'm actually not hungry." She replies, "Well maybe you should anyways, I mean you look skinny, like I mean I'm not even jealous because you look TOO skinny kind of skinny."

I try not to smile. I love the feeling of being told I appear as if I need to gain weight. It's such a switch. I was always almost overweight all my life and I hated my body so much I didn't care what I had to do to get the weight off, I would do anything, so I accidentally developed an eating disorder.

The next breakfast I did the same thing, pick at my food and not eat it. At dinner people where starting to notice so I decided to get everyone off my back, I would start purging.

I ate my cube and then when everyone was finished, I went into my private bathroom to stick my fingers down my throat to get it all up.

I repeated this a few more days. Today I am in the library with Emily and I stand up to go grab another book, since I finished mine, and I stood up too fast and got really dizzy.

Emily immediately stood up and grabbed ahold of me. She sat me back down and asked if I was okay. I told her I was fine.

Later that night, It was lights out and I was in my room. I grabbed my pillow and put it on the ground. I put my back on it and started to do my sit-ups. I didn't want bruises so I used a pillow for my back.

About thirty minutes later, I was crying because it hurt so much but I needed to keep going. I was so focused that I didn't hear Ms. Venable walk in.

She crotched down and grabbed ahold of me to have me stop. She said, "Y/n stop!" I look at her and start to wipe my tears.

She asks, "What are you doing? Sit-ups while sobbing at night? What's going on?" I try to think of something to say to get out of this but she adds, "And don't lie to me."

I decide to come clean and say, "I um, I have an eating disorder. I um, do sit-ups in an attempt to lose weight." She asks, "Is that why you've been skipping meals and purging if you do?"

I ask, "How did you know ab..." She cuts in and says, "I heard you." I respond, "Oh." She says, "Let me help you. I'll help you get better."

I ask, "Why would you help me?" She replies, "Because I had an eating disorder in highschool as well. I had Orthorexia." I respond, "Oh, well thanks."

She holds me and wipes my tears with her fingers. She says, "It's going to be okay, I here for you." I snuggle into her.