Diane Sherman 2/2

⚠️TW: Suicide

Word count: 764
___________________

  I come home from work on day and had an absolute horrible horrible day. All my bad thoughts from my depression when it's really bad are coming back to me. I shut the door as I continue crying.

I rush over to the kitchen cabinet and open a bunch of pill bottles. I down them with the water bottle i'm holding. I walk upstairs and crawl into my bed and sob. I feel a dip in the bed and I open my eyes to see Diane. I lay my head on her chest and she wraps her arms around me. I fall asleep.
•••••

I wake up and feel extremely nauseous. I jump up and race into my bathroom, that is connected to my room. I lift up the toliet seat and start throwing up. I feel Diane rubbing circles on my back. I didn't hear her walk in? How did she get in here then?

I say sobbing, "I love you, Diane i'm so sorry. I regret it I can't lose you i'm sorry, please take me to the hospital. You have to take me there."

She doesn't say anything. I turn around to see her crying. I ask, "Diane?" She answers, "I can't... I can't do that i'm sorry." I say, "You have too Diane please I can't fucking die, I need you."

She explains, "Baby, you're going to die, you're not going to beable to get rid of enough of the pills you took, if you go to the hospital, you'll die there and not in this house and i'll lose you forever and I can't let that happen."

I reply confused, "You're not making any sense." She responds, while crying, "Darling i'm not a neighbor, I made that up, i'm sorry. I died in this house six years ago and am trapped here, like a ghost. You have to believe me, I know you've had questions like how it seems like i'm always here. It's because I never leave, I can't, I didn't want to scare you by telling you but now I have to. Please want to die here and not out there to stay with me please, i'm begging you, I love you so much and can't imagine never seeing you again please."

I answer with a nod, "I'll stay here, with you, I love you so much." She says sniffling, "I promise I will hold you and make you comfortable while you pass, I promise." I nod and flush the toliet. She picks me up bridal style and asks, "Bed?" I nod and she puts me underneath the covers. She climbs in and I sit inbetween her legs. I ask, "Can you put on something to watch."

She kisses my neck and responds, "Yes of course, what would you like to watch?" I answer, "The Sprout channel." Rewatching little kids cartoons from my childhood has to help calm me.

  She says, "Okay baby

She says, "Okay baby." She puts it on and I lay on my side. She wraps her arms around my body and I lay the back of my head on her chest as I look at the tv screen. I try to focus on the show playing and Diane holding me instead of the fact that i'm dieing.

I say scared and so weakly, "Diane, I feel... feel um." She kisses the top of my head and replies, "It's okay baby, let it happen, i'm right here, everything is going to be okay." I feel my breathing slow way down and a tiredness i've never felt before. I close my eyes and right before falling asleep I hear Diane say, "I love you, it's okay, i'm right here."
•••••

I wake up to Diane sitting on the side of the bed holding my hand. Before I start asking questions, she says, "I called Austin and informed him on what's going on. He already called a coroner and they came to pick you up. I got it done quickly so you didn't have to see your body." I nod and start breathing heavily.

She grabs my hand and kisses it before saying, "No no it's alright now sweetheart, the scary part is over, I promise, i'm here with you, nothing bad can ever happen to you again, I pinky promise." She holds out her pinky finger and I lightly laugh and sniffle as I pick up my pinky finger and wrap it around hers.

She crawls underneath the covers and holds me repeatedly saying, "I love you my baby." I reply, "I love you so much."