Chapter 45: Motorcycle & Leather Jacket

~ Mathilda POV ~

The first days of the holidays had been really nice, Emma and Julie had come over once, Britt had sent a letter from her camping trip and also Slughorn had paid us a visit. He had spent the whole day in my grandfather's house both mixing potions while exchanging their knowledge about whatever kind of things. He then also had had dinner with us, which was a bit awkward, but still very fine.

But today was the day.

Sirius would be finally coming over and it would be an understatement to say that I was extremely excited. I really hoped that mum and he would get along well, but I wasn't really anxious about it. Mum and I were currently sat in the kitchen, preparing some dinner for Sirius and us, since she wanted to make him feel at home. I knew she was excited as well, slightly worried but still happy about him and I dating.

"So, it is alright that he sleeps in my room right?" I slowly turned towards my mother, giving her an insecure smile, while chopping some carrots.

"Hm, yes I think so. I really don't want the poor boy to sleep on the couch down here and there is really no other space for him to sleep,"

Our house was actually pretty small since it was just mum and I and my grandfather didn't have a big house either since he spent most of his time in his potions and study room. "But do we need to have the talk, sweetheart? The birds and the bees. You know what could happen, well, when it happens?" Muuum, no.

"No, no we do not need to have the talk. Really not, nothing is going to happen, I promise. I just wanted to know if it is alright?"

"Well, if that's so, yes of course it is," she said giving me a not fully convinced smile. "But if something happens I at least don't want to hear—"

"Mum, Godrick, no!" I quickly interrupted her, stopping her in whatever she was going to say.

"I really hope he likes my cooking. Your father always complained about it. Too salty, too spicy, disgusting and many more things," she grumbled, looking out of the window. Why did she have to start with my father now? Since he had shown up on that door step last summer she more and more started talking about him.

Before I could answer her we heard the sound of a motorcycle coming closer. Great, there we go.

Sirius had told me everything about his motorcycle which the boys had gotten him for his 18th birthday and seeing how happy he was about warmed my heart.

The sounds were coming closer until the finally stopped in front of probably our house.

I put the last carrots into the pan and started walking to the door, when I heard my mother speak in utter disbelief while looking out of the window: "He is not wearing a helmet. That fancy leather jacket he is wearing won't protect his head if he falls off the bike! Is he mad? Does he not know how dangerous that is?"

She shook her head and continued, "The youth of today. They think a fancy jacket will protect them from falling off a bike." But then she started to laugh. I also had to chuckled slightly, before opening the door and starting to sprint towards Sirius.

He quickly lifted his head, wearing a ginormous grin, when he heard me running towards him. He openly relaxed and spread his arms. "Thank god, I am right. I wasn't really sure if there are still houses at the end of that tremendously long street."

When he finished his sentence I already jumped into his arms, embracing him into a tight hug. "You are perfectly right. And, ugh, I know. The furthest away from muggles as possible, according to my grandfather," I said, rolling my eyes. He chuckled and then scanned my face with his beautiful grey eyes.