Chapter 78: White Wedding

~ Mathilda POV ~

It was time for James and Lily's wedding celebration and finally also Sirius cheered up a bit. The past weeks were really hard and sad, I was there for him as good as possible but he lost his brother, you are not feeling so well just after a few days.

It was good that the wedding took place now, we all needed a distraction and this was the perfect occasion. James also managed to distract Sirius really well by asking him to help him find a suit and shoes, being his best men and that Sirius should hold a speech at the wedding. Sirius was really looking forward to it and spent a lot of time preparing and writing this speech. It really meant a lot for him and I was happy that he was finally happy again.

I already left a bit earlier for the venue since the girls and I would help Lily get ready. James and her were getting married on a glade in a small forest, which they decorated absolutely lovely. The forest was close to were they were moving, Godrick's Hollow. I quickly apparated to the venue and walked into a tiny cottage that was built on the glade. In front of it there were five rows of chairs, on both sides of an aisle leading up to the marriage altar. Everything was beautifully decorated with flowers, white bows and ruffles.

I quickly made my way inside, and was immediately pulled into a hug by Marlene and then also Dorcas. "Doesn't she look absolutely beautiful!" Marlene beamed while pointing towards Lily.

She looked really beautiful and so happy.

I smiled brightly at her, walking up to her and giving her a hug. "You really look amazing!" I told her smiling brightly and she thanked me, beaming.

 "You really look amazing!" I told her smiling brightly and she thanked me, beaming

The dress was beautiful, she wanted something rather casual and not too fancy. She sat down before I stepped behind her, so that I could do her hair. She asked me to do it already a few weeks ago and of course I agreed. I took a comb, to brush through her hair, before braiding some strands and weaving in some small flowers. Marlene did her make-up in the meantime and Dorcas and Marlene prepared her our dresses.

"She isn't here yet, is she?" Lily said, calmly, a sad look on her face. "No, I am sorry and I don't think she will come," Marlene said, a sternly. I gave her a questioning look and she walked closely to me, leaning into my ear. "Petunia, her sister. She won't come," she whispered and I nodded, sadly. Sirius told me everything about Petunia and her relationship with Lily and also with James. I could not understand it, it was her sister, how could you be so rude.
"Alright, negative feelings aside. It is time for us to get dressed, too," Mary beamed, handing us all a dress. I was more than happy when Lily asked me to be one of her bride's maids and Marlene became her maid of honour. We all slipped into our lovely lilac dresses, with a v-cut and reaching down to our thighs. We also all quickly did our hair and make-up before it was time to go outside to take our seats.

There were already more and more people arriving, Remus and Sirius assigned seats and tried to control everything and everyone which only partly seemed to work. Sirius and Marlene were then meant to go to the altar where James was already waiting, looking more than nervous, somehow like he soon would throw up. I watched Sirius put a hand on his shoulder and give him an assuring smile. Mary, Dorcas and I joined Remus to help him and soon also Peter arrived to help. Lily's parents as well as Euphemia and Fleamont arrived soon after. Euphemia coughed loudly when the arrived and I gave her a concerned look. "Don't worry, everything's alright, just a bit dusty here," she said and I flashed her an unsure smile. They then walked off, smiling and took their seats, after trying to calm down their son. When everyone had taken their seats it was finally time for the celebration to start.