June 1st, 2020

2 Months Later - Firehouse 71's Chief's Residence
Matt's POV: As I lay down in bed on top of Gabby in our new bedroom, I smile because we just moved in yesterday to the new Firehouse Chief's Residence. Taking it slow with her, I really hoped that Louie (who was now 2) didn't walk into our room considering we are in the midst of having a bit of adult fun that is not appropriate for our son's eyes. "What do you think of our new home?" Gabby smiled when I asked her that. "I don't care if we are done moving now." I nodded and agreed with her. "I promise that we are. I just like the fact I can be here all the time."

Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "And I love that you took today off." I smiled when she said that. "What can I say? I wanted a bit of time with my girl since I have been so busy over the past 2 months getting everything ready for the transfer. And negotiations with contractors and Captain Delaney...it's hard." Gabby nodded when I said that before rubbing my arm. "I am just glad that you made it to all of our appointments....including the one where you got your surgery undone. No regrets about that right?" I shook my head and smiled at her. "None at all, I promise."

Gabby smiled when I said that before going to rub my arm. "You have meetings today don't you?" I sighed and nodded. "Yeah, I have to get the trucks in and we need to make sure that everybody gets their bedrooms. Delaney gets the other mini-apartment that's on top of the trucks and Severide has the option for the one that's on top of the second kitchen. We are trying to make this as safe as possible. I also made sure that they put in circulation that will prevent the spread of diseases and stuff so...we are going to be safe, I promise babe." Gabby agreed.

Going to kiss her again, I smiled when I heard my phone ring. I just decided to ignore it when I saw it was Heather. "It's Heather. Do you mind? I promised that I would show her how we honored Andy here at the Firehouse today. Remember, we have all the crests and badges?" Gabby smiled and agreed with me when I said that. "We can pick up tonight. By the way, smart idea putting a bell up here so that you can stay with me at night." I nodded and agreed. "And I put a pole in which is going to be fun." Gabby then got worried. "Louie?"

I shook my head. "It only opens when there's a bell that goes off. There's a retractable floor. So, it's like a stripper pole during the day but...it's a firefighter pole when there's a call." Gabby laughed when I said that. "Listen, I am not going to think of it as a stripper pole. Can you do me a favor and go start the shower?" I then thought about it and shook my head. "No yet, I am still too comfortable here in bed." I then went to kiss Gabby again and smiled at her while we took it slow with each other. "Don't forget about Friday okay? We have the virtual appointment."

I nodded and agreed with her. "Want to know one of the best parts of living here?" Gabby then smiled. "What?" I then went to kiss her again. "We are guaranteed to never loose our home to a fire and we are literally minutes from an ambulance." Gabby nodded when I said that. Leaning down, I smiled as I went to kiss her again until I heard Louie. "Daddy, I getting hungry!" He was about to open the door when I stopped him. "Louie, what did I tell you about opening the door?" He understood. "Right, sorry daddy. I be in the living room." I agreed and sighed.

Gabby then looked at me and smiled. "Want to go to the beach quick today?" I then thought about it and sighed. "We'll see what time we finish. Maybe tomorrow instead? I have to be here to officially get the keys from the Mayor, Commissioner and Builder." Gabby nodded when I said that. "You are still taking me to the beach. You promised on your days off that you are my husband even if we live at the firehouse." I nodded and understood when she said that. "I promise. Now listen, I am going to take a shower.

Going to get up off of her, I went to grab my towel and just smiled at her. "You rest okay? You pushed yourself too much yesterday babe. I told you to rest while I unpacked." She agreed and sighed. "I know but, I am fine Matt. Please stop worrying." I sighed when she said that. "I am always going to worry. It's why we are living here. And don't lie that you are going to like living here. I am just glad that I undid my vasectomy. That means we are going to be able to try again next year or later this year." Gabby laughed when I said that. "Next year!"

I nodded and agreed with her when she said that. "Listen, grab your towel and come join me okay?" Gabby thought about it and nodded. "By the way, are you able to wear casual stuff today or are you required to wear CFD uniform to the opening." I sighed when she asked me that. "This morning, I have to wear uniform. The opening ceremony is at 9. Hope that's okay. I already invited Antonio and my sister, Jay and Erin as well as Heather and the boys. Severide said he was going to sleep over so he could help. Not sure if he did." Gabby smiled and agreed.

"Listen, just get in the shower and I'll be right there okay?" I nodded and smiled when she said that before walking away to get in the shower.