Chapter 372

Meanwhile, with Jay and Erin:
Jay's POV: As me and Erin finish touring a possible house for our family, I smiled as we got back into the truck. "They gave us a lot of good options to think about. I liked the second one a lot because it had a pool and the rooms were spacious." Erin sighed when I said that. "But it was further away from our normal patrol area and I would like to stay close to out. Oh and it's further away from Gaffney where Will works. I want to give birth at Gaffney Jay. That's non-negotiable."

I understood what she meant by that. I wanted her to give birth there too because we trust the doctors to give us the best care. Believe me, I really doubt that they are going to want to screw up while helping us give birth...especially with my brother being their co-worker. Plus Natalie is there and we like to use her if we ever feel like going in for an emergency check up to calm Erin down. She gets scared sometimes and I take her there just so that she can relax and get an ultrasound done. That normally calms her down enough so that she can take a breath and rest.

Looking at me as she grabbed my hand, Erin smiled at me. "Jay, can you just make sure that we stay close to where the apartment is for now? I am already agreeing to move our of the apartment...that is big because I wasn't comfortable doing it at first because of the pandemic. But since we are having twins, I agree that it is not just the right thing but...something that we need to do so that we have enough space for our growing family." I nodded when she said that.

Leaning over the center console, I went to turn Erin's head and smiled at her. "Erin, I understand everything okay? I am going to do that for you because it is going to reduce your stress. I know that is what you need right now with you being pregnant with twins. So believe me babe, we are going to look closer to the district or Firehouse 71. How does that sound?" Erin nodded when I said that before going to kiss me softly. "Just do me a favor in return?" Erin then looked at me. "What's that?" I then went to rub her stomach and smiled. "Take a breath and relax for me."

Erin laughed when I said that and smiled. "Fine." I then felt her rub my hand and just smiled when she did that. Letting her hand go, I went to look at Champ who was sitting in the backseat with his harness on. "What do you say we head home? I think Champ needs a rest and so do you." Erin nodded when I said that. "Can we pick up some food on the way? Maybe some McDonalds or something. I know you hate that food but..." I then smiled at her. "It's okay."

Erin smiled when I said that before letting my hand go so that we could drive away. Pulling away from the curb, I smiled when I went to start driving towards the main street when Hank called. I then groaned and went to ignore it. "Sorry but, he can wait. You are hungry and we just finished looking at a home. If he calls back, we will answer. Please defend me if he's mad at me for not answering." Erin nodded when I said that. "I promise." I smiled when she said that while driving towards the main street. That's when I went to check how everything was and pulled ahead.

Getting onto the main road and out of the neighborhood, I went to make my way to the nearest McDonald's when Hank called again. I then sighed and went to answer. "Hey Hank, what's up?" Hank then went to speak to us. "Sorry, I got worried when you didn't answer. All good? I just wanted to see why you haven't send me updates on your part of the investigation today." I sighed when he asked me that. "Hank, I told you about that appointment we had today."

Hank liked the sound of that. "Oh sorry, how are the twins doing?" Erin sighed and then went to tell him, starting to get annoyed. "Hank! We are trying to find a new place to live. You calling constantly while we are in the middle of speaking to our realtor is not helpful. I felt my phone vibrate a couple times. And it didn't help when it made Champ jump a few times." Hank then got scared when she said that. "Oh guys, I am so sorry. I should've remembered that. My bad." Erin then sighed. "I am sorry I yelled Hank, just getting hungry and I need to take a nap now."

I looked at her when she said that before going to drive towards the nearest McDonald's. Pulling in, I went to get in the Drive-Thru since the lobby was closed due to COVID. "You want a cheeseburger with fries babe?" Erin looked at me when I asked her that and nodded. "Thanks Jay. That sounds great. Just remember to keep it away from him." I nodded when she said that before going to pull up to the menu and then made my order. Once that was done, I went to pick it up at the drive-thru windows so that we could head home. Erin grabbed the drinks and smiled.

Pulling away from the restaurant, I smiled as I went to get back onto the road. Meanwhile, Erin reached into the bag and grabbed some fries. "You want some?" I then nodded and went to reach in too. "Champ, lay your ass down! You do not touch this food!" Hank laughed when I said that. "Where did you guys stop to get food?" I then smiled. "We went to McDonald's. And don't say anything...I am exhausted after going to check out those houses. Erin took forever."

Erin looked at me when I said that and went to point at the screen. "Okay, what does Hank have to do with you taking so long?" Erin then laughed when I asked her that. "He gave me a list of questions that I was required to ask the realtor. He said either he has to come or I need to ask those questions to get it Hank approved for his grandkids." I then went to speak to him. "You do not get a say in where we live Hank! That is unacceptable. And you to even say that is wrong!"

I then went to hang up with Hank, a little mad as I continued to drive home. "We are going to talk about this when we get home. Do not think we are escaping this." Erin sighed when I said that because she probably knew ahead of time that I would be mad.