Chapter 381

Matt's POV: Once the ambulance arrived at the hospital, I looked at Gabby and went to kiss her one last time. This was after all, the last time I was going to be able to kiss her until we were in the recovery room. "Listen, I am not leaving your side Gabby. I promise okay?" Gabby nodded when I said that. "I know." I smiled when she said that before going to kiss her again. "I love you and you got this babe." I then went to look at Sylvie as we got ready to get her out. "Sorry, we are just scared." She nodded and agreed. "You guys are going to be fine. Help me get her out?"

I nodded when she asked me that before watching as Gianna went to open the door. "Gianna, I got it okay? I am going to help push her in." Gianna nodded when I said that. "I am going to park the ambulance." I agreed and nodded as we went to get down from the ambulance. Going to push her in, I saw the medical team rush over to me. "Oh, Gianna." I then went to take off my radio. "Gianna, put this in the Ambo." She agreed and nodded as she grabbed it. "Of course Chief. Good luck and let us know what happens!" I agreed and nodded. "Delaney is Chief!"

She agreed and nodded when I said that. Walking in with Sylvie and Gabby, I yelled for Maggie. "Maggie! Natalie! Get Dr. Asher!" Maggie then turned to look at me. "We got your call." She then walked over to Gabby. "You are going to be okay Gabby. We already have a room ready for you upstairs. You are going right upstairs to the delivery room." We both agreed and nodded. "I am coming in with her and I am not leaving her side." She agreed and nodded while leading me away. "Matt, put me first. I'm sorry...I hate saying this. I can't do this to Louie." I nodded.

"Gabby, that was always the plan. You are my wife. There is nobody I would rather put first." She agreed with me as we went to walk into the elevator together. "Maggie, where am I scrubbing in? Can you get someone ready with a robe for me?" Natalie then looked at me and nodded. "I know you are going to want to be there. I promise Matt." I agreed and nodded. "Natalie, can you help me scrub? I know it's COVID but...I want to cut the chord." Gabby then looked at me when I said that. "But Natalie, promise me that you will tell him to look away when they get the..."

I then nodded when she said that. "Please, yeah...we lost a triplet." She agreed with me when we said that. That's when we arrived at the delivery floor. Dr. Asher greeted us and smiled. "Looks like your twins decided to make their grand entrance early." I nodded when she said that. "Dr. Asher, I want Natalie and Maggie in the room with us. I trust them with her life. Also, you are putting Gabby first. If it comes down to it...you save her." She nodded when I said that. "Of course. Is that your wishes too Gabby?" Gabby nodded. "We have a son too." She agreed.

We all agreed when she said that. "Then that is what we are going to do. But I promise Matt and Gabby, you are going to meet both your twins. And now, I know you lost a triplet..." I then looked at her. "We do not want to see them. It's already hard. We grieved already and..." Dr. Asher agreed with us when we said that. We then made our onto the delivery room together when I saw a nurse there with a gown for me. "Matt, I may have told them ahead of time. Dr. Asher, help Matt scrub. Me and Natalie will bring Gabby into the room for you." Dr. Asher agreed with them.

I then looked at Gabby. "I will be right there." She agreed and smiled while I went to put the gown on. She then went to give me a fresh mask and a second mask. "Sorry, you need to double mask for when you meet your kids." I nodded and agreed with her. "Thanks." I then went to proceed to the delivery room where me and Gabby would be meeting our twins, at least I hoped we would. As long as Gabby makes it out of this, I am going to be a happy man. She is my entire world and at the end of the day...we need to have her survive.