Chapter 454

Matt's POV: After seeing that it was Donna, I went to open the car door and went to shake her. I was not going to be loosing another Boden on my watch. "Donna, wake up Donna!" Donna then started to wake up and I got scared. "Matt, what's happening?" That's when I heard Hermann rush over. "Oh god, it's Donna." I nodded while going to radio to Sylvie. "Sylvie, bring down the backboard and stretcher STAT! It's Donna. She was in that car crash. Donna, where's Terrence?" Donna then went to look for him. "I thought he was in the back there. See, the backpack." 

I then went to look and didn't see a backpack. Grabbing my radio, I went to radio to Sylvie. "Sylvie, this one's going to the house. Possible concussion but nothing more than scrapes and bruises." Sylvie agreed and radioed to me. "Got it Chief. Be right there." I then looked at Hermann. "Hermann, do you need me to take control of the scene or are you okay?" Hermann then looked at me and nodded. "I'm fine Matt." I agreed and just looked at Donna when Sylvie walked up to me. "Donna." I agreed and then went to bring the gurney close.

"Hermann, I got the door...can you get her ready to get out?" Hermann nodded and agreed with me as I went to open the door. Tugging it open, I opened it wide enough to get the backboard as well as Sylvie in there. Giving her the collar, I went to grab Donna and brought her to the stretcher. "Donna, you are going to be okay...where's Terrence?" Donna then shook her head, obviously not sure. I then agreed before going to open the car. Seeing Terrence there, I went to pick him. "You were really quit there eh bud?" He agreed. "My mom okay?" I nodded.

"Yeah bud, she's fine. But you are going to go with Sylvie and Foster. You remember them?" He nodded and agreed, getting up  and walking with his mom towards the ambulance. I then went to turn around and looked at Sylvie. "Sylvie!" Sylvie then turned to look at me. "Bypass the house and bring her right to Chicago Med. I don't care if we said they would be checked at the house first, Donna is not the normal patient...she is one of our own and she is going right to the hospital." Sylvie agreed with me and nodded when I said that. "Got it chief." 

Going to close Donna's door, I then went to continue looking through the crash. That's when I recognized a car in the opposing lane of traffic. "Delaney, you see that red Honda Civic?" Delaney then turned to look at me. "What's so special about it?" I then went to speak to him. "Can you tell me the plate number? I feel like I recognize it." He agreed and went to tell me the plate number. "Lincoln James 907 Bella." (LJ907B) Recognizing the plate, I got scared. "Delaney...that just became your next rescue. That is my mother!" Delaney nodded and agreed.

Severide then turned to look at me. "I am going to help Matt, don't worry." I agreed and nodded as he went to check on my mom. "Hermann!" Hermann then turned to look at me. "Go ahead Matt, we all heard." I agreed and went to run over to my mom's car. Seeing Severide open the door, I went to walk up to him. "Sylvie, I need a neck brace!" I then went to look at my mom. She was breathing and conscious. "MOM!" Waking up, she looked at me. "Matthew." I nodded and looked at her. "I'm here mom. Where were you going tonight?" She then looked around.

"I have no clue." I then went to look at her. "Sylvie, possible concussion." Grabbing the neck brace from her, I went to stabilize her. "Mom, you need to just relax...take deep breaths and let me take control of the situation okay? I am going to come with you." She agreed and nodded. "Where's your purse?" She then went to give it to me and I held it close. "Okay guys, let's get her out." Sylvie agreed and went to get her onto the stretcher. Meanwhile, Delaney walked over to me. "You going with her?" I nodded when he said that. "I have to. I'll be back."

Delaney then shook his head. "Matt, in this case...I am going to have to overrule you since it's your family. Take her to the Firehouse, get her treated and then stay there with your family." I nodded and agreed. "Sylvie, we are taking her to the firehouse. If she doesn't need surgery...then she is going to stay with me and Gabby for the rest of the storm." Sylvie agreed and nodded as I went to get in with her. "You're going to be okay mom. I promise." My mom nodded when I said that. "I know I am Matt, you always take care of me."

Closing the doors behind me, Delaney hit the back and we left to go back to the firehouse.