Welcome Back to the CFD!

20 Minutes Later when Matt is back in the kitchen:
Matt's POV: After talking to Chief Hatcher, I smiled as I came back to the kitchen to see Gabby filling up her water bottle. But, I couldn't help but smile because I had some amazing news for my girl. Walking up behind her, I went to put my hands on her hips before kissing her shoulder. "You should consider yourself really lucky that you have such good connections at the CFD." Turning around to look at me, Gabby smiled. "What does that mean?" Stepping close to her, I went to put my hands on the counter before kissing her softly. "PIC, Ambo 61 in September."

Gabby smiled when I said that before going to hug me. "God, I love you so much." She then went to kiss me and I smiled as went to wrap my arm around her. "You want to tell Sylvie don't you?" Gabby then looked at me. "Wait, I'm on 1st shift again? Wait, what does that mean for the kids?" I then looked at her. "I might have also talked to Christie, Antonio and our moms. They said that they would be on our side if you wanted to go back and help. They were hesitant at first but I told them why. I told them it was because you hate not being to help during the pandemic."

Gabby nodded when I said that. "God, that means we are going to have a busy summer." I was confused when she said that. "Why exactly?" Gabby smiled when I asked her that. "I need to get back in shape." I nodded when she said that before going to bring her close to me. Moving my hand to her hip, I went to kiss her slowly. "You are not going to be reporting to me just to let you know. Deputy Chief Delaney will be in charge of the paramedics from now on while you are on shift. You will have to follow my orders as Chief though. If not, you have to transfer houses."

Gabby understood when I said that. "Of course. But you know how good I am at following your orders. And you know what happens if you dare report me to the CFD." I then sighed and looked at her. "I am not going to play favorites babe. You saw how hard I was on Severide. I am going to have to show the same to you...well not as harsh considering you are my wife and I still want to get attention from you when we aren't on shift." Gabby laughed when I said that before kissing me softly. "Speaking of attention...what do you say after we have supper, we can celebrate?"

That's when I saw the pizza on the counter. "Right, Louie! Pizza!" Louie then came out from playing in his room and smiled. "Pizza!" I laughed when he said that. "C'mon, how about you go sit at the table? Daddy will get you a plate and then we can celebrate mommy's new job." Kissing Gabby's forehead, I smiled because I was happy to have her back at Firehouse 71. Gabby then wrapped her arms around my shoulders and smiled. "Where are you going to work mommy?" Gabby smiled when he asked. "I am going back to the firehouse to be a paramedic. Ambulance."

Louie smiled when Gabby said that. "Does that mean I get to go see Cindy?" Gabby laughed when he said that. "That's where he always went when I had shift after all." I looked at her when she said that. "Think she would take 3 kids? We can let her stay in the apartment so we would be right downstairs to help." Gabby nodded and smiled. "Here, grab the plates and sit at the table, I will call Hermann and we can talk about it while we eat." I nodded and agreed with Gabby when she said that. Grabbing our food, I smiled as we made our way to the table to eat.