Chapter 448

Meanwhile, next door with Jay & Erin:
Jay's POV: As I make breakfast for me and Erin after getting a tornado alert, I sigh considering that means we are going to have to bunk down at the Firehouse. Hey, at least it's with our friends and neighbors. That's when I felt my phone vibrate, seeing it was Gabby...I went to answer. "Hey neighbor and roommate for the foreseeable future." Gabby then laughed. "Yeah, you can add babysitter to the list maybe?" I was confused when she said that. "Why Gabby, Antonio is going to be there...and so are you?" Gabby then sighed.

"I am going to be the one in charge of the Field Hospital we are going to be setting up at the Firehouse so...that's the kids. Plus, you have to stay at the firehouse to protect Erin against COVID. Antonio can go into the field easier." I agreed with her when she said that. "That makes total sense. So you guys want us to watch the kids?" That's when Erin came out in her comfortable outfit. "Gabby wants us to watch the kids?" I then nodded while putting Erin on speaker. "Hey Gabby, you're on speaker with Erin." Gabby agreed. "Hey Erin."

Erin smiled. "Hey Gabby, so why can't Antonio watch the kids? Or why can't you since you are going to be bunking down?" Gabby then sighed. "I am going to be running the firehouse field hospital we are setting up there. We are going to act as triage and we are also having a shelter set up. I am going to take charge of that. However, I know Erin is staying at the firehouse. So I thought maybe she could stay with Louie and the twins since she can't be exposed to COVID." I thought about it and looked at Erin. "Up to you, I like the idea. We can both do it."

Erin nodded. "I am going to be working the investigation mostly since Intelligence is partnering up with other patrol officers." I agreed with her when she said that. "I will help when I am on break." Erin agreed and smiled. "Listen, you guys are going to bunk with us in our apartment okay? We can all isolate and Matt will be safe, I promise. I know about Will and I promise that we are not going to spread COVID. Heck, I hate that we have to go in while Matt is on paternity leave." I agreed with her. "Listen, you want us to come over and help with your bags?"

Gabby loved the sound of that. "Actually, if Erin could stay back and help me get the kids ready once you have your bags packed...we can make our way there and you can drive Matt. He has to get there first."  I agreed with him. "By the way, you okay with us bringing Champ with us and him staying. By the way, what are we doing about beds?" Gabby then sighed. "You guys will be stuck on the sofa bed if that's okay? Louie has a room there and we have one with a queen bed and cribs for the twins. I hope that's okay for a while. Who knows how long."

I looked at Erin when Gabby said that. "You okay with the pull out couch?" Erin nodded when I said that. "Of course, I can just sleep on your chest. Now, I am going to make us some breakfast. Can you get the bag I packed in our room and then grab our laptops?" I nodded and agreed with her before going to tell Gabby that would be okay. "We are okay with that Gabby. And I get why you are asking, you are going to help and you need a couple that is safe. So listen, we will be there and we will take care of your kids for you with your help. See you at the firehouse."

Gabby then went to remind me. "Don't forget about Erin!" I agreed with her. "Right, talk later." I then went to hang up and looked at Erin. "I am going to have to grab something and go. I am going to drive Matt to the firehouse since he has to get there a lot faster. Gabby is going to give you a ride in their van. Do you mind helping her with their bags for the kids or is that too heavy?" Erin then turned to look at me and laughed. "I am going to be fine with that Jay. Just be safe when you are driving to the firehouse." I nodded and agreed with her when she said that.

"Listen, I am going to double check that I have everything for me. I will do it again when I am at the firehouse so that I can call you if I missed anything. Then, I am going to go to Matt's place and get him okay? Can you make me a bagel quick?" Erin nodded and agreed. "Sure thing. Now get ready." I agreed and smiled when she said that, walking back to our room to make sure that I have everything for our nights at the firehouse.