Chapter 458

20 Minutes Later - Battalion Chief's Office:
Matt's POV: After taking a sexy shower with Gabby in my office, I smiled as I finished getting dressed into my new outfit before going to sit on the couch I had in there. Gabby just went to check on my mom and the kids. They were all good so she was going to stay down here for a while. And I was glad about that. Gave us a minute to talk about what she said regarding the us needing time away with each other. I was concerned. I mean, would we at least keep  the twins?

Walking back into my office with some lunch, Gabby smiled at me. "You look concerned about something." Gabby sighed and went to give me a lunch that the candidate made. "Here, just start eating and we can talk okay?" I nodded and looked at her as she sat down next to me. "Can you at least tell me if we are okay Gabby? If there is something wrong...I promise that we will work it out. You know that I don't want to loose you right?" Gabby nodded when I said that. "Hey, of course I know that everything is okay. By the way, your sister's getting your mom ready."

I looked at her when she said that. "So Christie is going to take her to her and Antonio's place?" Gabby nodded when I asked her that. "Yeah. Honestly, I think that might be easier on us...that way we just have to take care of the kids." I agreed and nodded. "By the way, how are they? I have been trying to come up there but...I have been on calls a lot." Gabby smiled when I asked her that. "They are good and honestly, they just love being here close to their daddy while he is working. They have been looking outside with me whenever the trucks or ambos leave."

I smiled when she said that and nodded. "What do you expect? They are our kids." Gabby nodded and smiled when I said that. "We did good." I nodded and agreed with her while going to take a bite of my lunch. "Yeah we did. And Louie is just being the best big brother. You know, I never realized just how much I missed him until we got him back unfortunately." I nodded when she said that and smiled at her. "I feel the same way. He was such a bit part of the early days of our marriage that...it felt a little wrong not to have him. But, don't think bad about that."

I understood what she meant and went to grab her hand. Bringing her close, I went to kiss her softly. "Honestly, I have been feeling similar feelings to be honest. But they are about Boden. He should've met the twins and it's sad that he's never going to meet them." Gabby nodded when I said that and agreed with me. That's when I saw Delaney walk up to us. "Hey, I just got the latest fire reports from Truck 71 and Engine 71." I nodded and smiled. "Did you tell them to do them on the computer or did you forget?" Delaney then sighed and went to look at me. "I forgot."

I then put my hand out. "I know, adjustment period. Listen, just remind them again okay?" He agreed and nodded as he went to give me the reports. I then went to take another bite of my spaghetti before starting to read them. Gabby then went to grab one and smiled at me. "Hey." She then laughed. "I worked at OFI. I can tell you if you need to send them there." I agreed when she said that. "Can I at least read them first? I know that if you find a case that you think should go to OFI...you are going to get obsessed and start investigating it." Gabby smiled, nodding.

That's when I heard Jay walk up to my office. "If you are talking about investigating, we are still doing that. However, Hermann said that we can use his apartment during the storm." Looking up at him, I was shocked. "I thought that Cindy was here?" Hermann then came in too. "She was only here for a bit. She wanted a break from the kids but wanted to be there in case the storm gets bad. So...I told Jay and Erin that they could have my apartment since Erin's pregnant. I am going to sleep in the bunk room with everybody else since it's just 1 bedroom."

Jay smiled when Hermann said that. "And honestly, you have no idea how much that means to me." Hermann smiled and agreed. "Listen, I am going to take a nap before our next call." I agreed and nodded. "Jay and Erin, you guys move your stuff up there and I will make sure that you aren't disturbed. What does this mean for the CPD outpost? Is Antonio going to man in?" He nodded and smiled. "Yeah, he's here. Christie's at home though." Gabby then laughed. "I am going to go see him okay Matt? Come out with me because I have this feeling your mom will be..."

That's when I heard my mom come downstairs with Christie. "We are going to get going." I nodded and smiled when she said that. "I am going to see Antonio while he's here. Let's walk out together." She agreed and smiled. That's when I saw Louie with his teddy bear and his bag. "I go to aunt Christie's tonight?" I nodded and smiled when he said that. "Yeah, that okay bud?" He agreed and nodded before coming to give me a hug. "Sounds like fun." I agreed and smiled as I bent down to hug him. "It will be." I then got up and smiled as I went to lead my family out (and say hi to Antonio who was here too for a little bit).