Chapter 455

Matt's POV: As I arrived at the firehouse with Ambo 61, I looked at my mom because everything was going to be okay now. "Mom, we're here okay? We're at the doctors and somewhere I can keep you safe. You are with family." She agreed and nodded when I said that. Sylvie then went to park the Ambo before running out to help me get out. Helping my mom out, I saw Maggie walk over. "What do we got Sylvie?" I then went to answer. "Car crash victim. Possible concussion. Name is Nancy Casey. Age doesn't matter. Blood type is A-" Maggie then looked at me. "Casey."

I agreed with her. "Yes, my mother." That's when Clarke walked over. "We got her Matt. She just became patient #1." I agreed with him and nodded as I went to wheel her over to the bed. "Okay, on my count. 1, 2, lift!" We all lifted and put her down on the bed. That's when I heard Gabby come downstairs. "Matt!" Turning to look at her, I didn't care that she was down here during COVID. I was just glad to have her by my side right now. "How is she Matt?" Wrapping my arm around her, I just held her close. "I am not sure yet. I am still trying to figure that out."

Gabby nodded when I said that. "Hey, if you want her to stay here with us...I understand." I nodded and agreed with her. "Please, I am going to ask. I need to make sure she's okay. I want her to stay with us for a while. Heck, maybe she can help us with the kids during the pandemic. I have been so scared even when we are just at home. Her being alone during the pandemic has been so scary." Gabby nodded when I said that and agreed with me. "Then we will talk to her about possibly moving in with us okay?" I smiled when she said that and nodded.

My mom then looked at me. "Guys, you don't have to take me in." I sighed when she said that. "Mom, please just concentrate on the doctors right now. You were in a car accident. We can talk about you not wanting to move in with us another time." Clarke then went to check on her and gave her the eye test. Meanwhile, Gabby rubbed my back. "Matt, if you don't want to work...I am positive that Delaney would take over for the rest of shift as Acting Chief. Just because you are Battalion Chief doesn't mean that you have to work when your family is injured."

I sighed and looked at her. "Maybe I can just stay here and help with paperwork and stuff. I am not leaving during the middle of a storm. I am the Battalion Chief Gabby. Delaney is just the Deputy Battalion Chief, I need to be here since I am the most senior officer." Gabby nodded and understood. "Of course...but you are taking a break okay? Promise me that." I nodded and smiled. "Of course." I then went to kiss her forehead and smiled at her. "How are the kids?" Gabby smiled when I asked her that. "They are all really good and healthy. Now, let's rest."

I agreed with her and then went to sit down next to my mom so that I could just help her.