Chapter 370

2 Hours Later when Matt is home from the Fire Academy:
Matt's POV: After getting back from the fire academy and coming into me and Gabby's apartment, I smiled as I made my way into the bathroom since she was waiting for me to take another shower together. I got all wet and cold at the academy when some of the people I put together sprayed me. And then, we ended up having this huge water fight that landed me in the river. Since I was cold...what I needed was a hot shower with my girl standing right in front of me while I rubbed her baby bump and kissed her slowly under the warm water.

Looking at her gorgeous body as she stood in the shower, I walked in behind her so that I could join her in the shower. Wrapping my arms around her waist, I smiled when I put my hands on her baby bump and then went to kiss her shoulder. "Now this is what I am going to love about you living here at the firehouse. Whenever I need to take a shower, I can just come upstairs and take one with my gorgeous wife if the kids are sleeping." Gabby then smiled as she turned around in my arms and went to grab the back of my head. "How was the academy?"

I smiled when she asked me that. "Isaac and Anna say hi. I ran into them while they were filling up Ambo 85 at the firehouse. They also say that they are sorry about the partial-miscarriage. Apparently, they just heard." Gabby sighed when I said that before wrapping her arms around my back. "Was that hard having to hear about it? And do the people that were originally from Firehouse 20 know about it?" I sighed and nodded. "Yeah, I had to tell Delaney about it so that he knew if a miscarriage happens why I get so emotional." Gabby nodded when I said that.

Wrapping her arms around my neck, Gabby just held me close while I moved my hands to her back. "What do you say tonight we have a late supper? Just the two of us when Louie is in bed? It can be a mini-date for us before I start work again tomorrow. How does that sound?" Gabby smiled when I said that before going to grab the back of my head. "Honestly, I think that sounds perfect. We haven't done that since we moved here and I think it's long overdue." I nodded when she said that before going to kiss her softly. "But we are doing it in sweats okay?"

Gabby smiled and agreed with me. "Honestly, I am not sure if I would've dressed up anyways. I am starting to get really comfortable just wearing sweats all the time." I nodded and agreed with Gabby when she said that. "Honestly, I feel the same way." Gabby smiled when I said that before going to grab the back of my head. "Matt, do me a favor and stop talking for a little bit. Right now, all I want to do is kiss you slowly. I mean...I love you but I also just want to spend a little time alone with my husband right now before he has to work as Chief of 71 tomorrow."

I smiled when she said that. "But listen, it's still early in the afternoon so we have a lot of time to just relax. We can cuddle in bed until Louie comes to join us in bed. I just want to hold my girl in my arms since it's the last day where I am guaranteed to be able to do it uninterrupted for hours on end." Gabby smiled and agreed with me when I said that. "That sounds perfect. Now, let's just wash up, get out of here and then we can go relax in bed. That is what I want right now." I nodded and agreed with her when she said that, ready to go relax in bed together.