Captain Kelly Severide

Matt's POV:
As me and Jay arrive at the firehouse, I smile when I see Severide getting out of his car in the parking lot. "Hey Jay, head inside okay? I need to go talk to somebody." Jay then looked at me. "Who?" I then pointed to Severide and smiled. "First shift. Can you bring my backs up to the apartment? It should be unlocked." He agreed and smiled when I said that before grabbing my bag and walking inside with his service dog Champ (as well as his things). 

Walking over to Kelly, I smiled at him. "Well if it isn't Squad Captain Kelly Severide!" Kelly then turned to look at me and smiled. "And if it isn't Chief Daddy of 3." I smiled when he said that. "Yes, a bunch of diapers have been changed by these hands already." Looking at Stella, I smiled at her. "You like him in white?" Stella nodded and smiled. "Let's just say that this shirt might not be so white after shift." I looked at her when she said that and shook my head.

"By the way, Gabby is working today." Stella was shocked when I said that. "She's back already? Then where is she?" I then laughed. "She's going to help out at the field hospital we are setting up here. By the way Captain, I need your Squad truck on the driveway." That's when I heard Delaney walk over to us. "If it isn't the new father? First shift back since the twins!"  I nodded when he said that. "That also means that effective immediately, you are no longer Acting Chief."

That's when I saw Cruz walk up to us. "Chief Casey, Deputy Chief Delaney, Captain Severide."  We all nodded when he said that. "Delaney, I expect you to give Severide the independence he as earned. You may be Deputy Chief but...that is just honorific. Severide is now your equal when it comes to Squad. So I do not want to see you guys fighting when it comes to Squad decisions. Only I can veto his calls." Delaney agreed with me when I said that. 

We then proceeded to walk into the firehouse together and I smiled. "Oh and my apartment is off-limits to everybody at the firehouse today. Jay, Erin and Gabby are going to be there today. Jay and Erin are our CPD Liaisons while Gabby is here to stay safe since we are under a tornado threat." That's when I saw Natalie and Maggie on the driveway. "Severide, can you bring my bag inside? I need to talk to our field hospital team. Delaney, get the vehicles out and park them in the driveway. We have a field hospital today."

Severide and Delaney both nodded and agreed when I said that. "Of course. We got it Chief." Walking away, they both went to do what I said to do. Meanwhile, I went to walk over to our team from Chicago Med. "Maggie, how are you?" Maggie then smiled at me. "How are you? Haven't seen you since the twins left the hospital." I nodded when she said that. "Now listen, I want to let you know that we have a strict mask policy here...masks are to be worn on property by all staff." They agreed when I said that before smiling.

I then went to look at Delaney. "Can you gather up all staff here so we can do a briefing in the briefing room?" Delaney agreed and nodded. "Trucks first or after?" I then thought about it. "First. That way these guys can get set up." We all agreed and nodded as each other. Looking at Natalie as I walked over to her, I smiled. "I am going to keep you guys out of the elements okay. By the way, you must be Dr. Sexton." That's when I saw Clarke come out of the firehouse. "Nice new digs Chief." I then smiled at Jeff. "How are you Clarke?"

Going to shake his hand, I smiled at him. Natalie then looked at me. "You know each other?" I then nodded. "Best snitch in the CFD. Still can't believe you did that!" Clarke nodded when I said that. "It's nice to see everybody again. How are you? How are the kids?" I smiled when he said that. "Good. Now you make sure you keep these ladies safe. I do not need any COVID cases her at the house when my family is going to be here. By the way Maggie and Natalie, you two are the only ones who are able to touch my kids down here other than me and Gabby!" 

Maggie and Natalie both agreed when I said that. I then proceeded to walk into the Firehouse so that I could go get the apartment ready for Jay, Erin, Gabby and the twins before a quick briefing so that I could let the Firehouse know what I expected of them during this shift.

Jeff's POV:
As Kelly and Matt walked away, I smiled as I walked up to Natalie and Maggie. "God, it is going to be nice to work here again." Natalie looked at me when I said that. "But you never worked here, it's a new house." I sighed and agreed with her. "I mean with the old crew from Firehouse 51. Honestly, I still can't believe that Boden is gone." Natalie agreed with me when I said that. "He had a huge presence." I smiled and agreed with her when I saw some new paramedics. "Who are they?" Maggie then turned around and smiled. "Hey Sylvie, Hey Foster!" 

I then looked at them. "What happened to Gabby?" Sylvie then smiled. "Maternity leave. She's coming back and then Foster will be all yours. She's going to medical school." I nodded when Sylvie said that. "If you need any help with that Foster, you can talk to me. I just finished." She agreed with me and smiled. "Sounds good. Now listen, I need to go ready for shift. Oh Maggie, we bringing them here first or the hospital?" Maggie then looked at them. "You are going to the hospital. We are acting like a clinic." Sylvie agreed and nodded as she walked away.

Getting to work with Natalie, I smiled as I prepared to help the community today.