Chapter 450

Jay's POV: As I drove Matt to the firehouse in my pickup, I smiled at him. "So, how's life with 3 kids now that they are at home?" Matt laughed as he looked at the e-mail he was reading on his iPad. "Honestly, not much different than before. The babies are pretty much wake up, feed, chill and then sleep. By the way we told you that we changed our son's name right?" I thought about it and didn't remember. "Remind me?" Matt the laughed. "Gabriel Matthew." I smiled when he said that. "He's still party your namesake." Matt then laughed. "And part Gabby's namesake."

I was confused when he said that. "Okay, how?" Matt the looked at me. "Gabriel...Gabriela?" I then thought about it and agreed. "By the way, what's it like having Antonio dating and living with your sister?" Matt sighed when I said that. "All I can say is lord help me. God, if this ends bad...I am screwed. I mean, it's not like I can just stop talking to my sister's ex who just so happens to also be my brother-in-law." I then thought about it and nodded. "God that is going to be awkward." Matt agreed with me. "By the way, can you believe we both slept with Gabby?"

I then laughed when he said that. "Had I known she was Antonio's sister though...I would've stayed away. By the way, you got guts dating and being married to Antonio's sister." Matt nodded when I said that. "Yeah but, we love each other and that's all that matters. However, my wife better be in my corner when I do battle of the badges this year!" I looked at him when he said that. "Wait, that's still happening?" Matt nodded and smiled. "It's going to be a COVID Fundraiser for the Boys and Girls Club of Chicago as well as the Chicago First Responders' Foundation." 

That's when we hit a traffic light and I smiled at him. "Let me guess, you are going to be training with Antonio?" Matt nodded when I said that. "Oh hell yeah. We are going to do it as a friendly match. Believe me, if he hurts me...he is going to get it from Gabby. Trust me, spanish yelling is not a fun thing to listen to. They talk so fast and they can swear in spanish. God it's just crazy. I am just hoping that the kids don't learn those swear words for a while. I do not need them back talking to me in Spanish when I am trying to give them shit!" I laughed when he said that.

"God, your kids would be in so much trouble if they ever tried to do that wouldn't they?" Matt nodded when I said that. "Oh hell yeah they would." Driving by a local school on my way to work, I got concerned when I saw something. Seeing someone wave me to the side, I went to look at them. "Matt, someone is waving me down. I need to do it or are you in a rush?" Matt then looked at me and nodded. Pulling over, I went to open his window. "Yes?" The lady then went to yell at me. "Help, I just found somebody in the park here. They are passed out and they stink."

I then got concerned and looked at Matt. "Matt, you in a rush?" He nodded and sighed. "Ma'am...I will get uniformed officers to you in a second. I have to drive my friend to work. He is a Battalion Chief with the CFD." She agreed when I said that. Matt then went to grab his phone and went to call the house. "Hi Delaney, can you dispatch Ambo 61 to North Lawndale/Collins Academy park? Woman can lead you to victim at Roosevelt and Sacramento." Delaney agreed with Matt when he said that. Closing his phone, Matt looked at the woman. "On their way!"

She agreed and nodded, waiting for the Ambulance. Meanwhile, I went to keep driving Matt to work. "I will come back and investigate okay?" I then went to grab my radio. "Det. Halstead to Sgt. Platt?" Platt then replied to me. "Go ahead Halstead, you got radio in truck?" I agreed. "Yes, can we get uniforms to North Lawndale/Collins Academy Park? Person unresponsive. Ambo already dispatched to scene." She agreed with me. "Oh course Halstead, stay safe at 71." I agreed with her when she said that. Going to keep driving, I smiled at Matt. "I sleep in boxers just FYI."

Matt laughed when I said that. "It's fine man." I agreed and nodded. "My kids wake up every 2 hours just an FYI." I groaned when he said that. "Can you kick Severide out?" He shook his head. "I am not doing that to him on his first shift as a Captain." I nodded and understood, ready to get to work when we are at the firehouse. I just hoped that while we were there we stayed safe. "By the way man, nobody is to come near us while we are working. We are just staying in the apartment. Her dad died of COVID." Matt turned to look at me when I said that. "I'm sorry. You can stay with me and Gabby okay? I promise." I nodded and agreed with him, ready to do so.