Matt's Letters to Twins

Dear Hanna Maria and Matthew James Jr,
As I write this letter to you, you are currently in the hospital shortly after being born. You are also rotating spending time with your beautiful mommy, Gabriela as well as with me on my chest. God, you are both so small...it's a miracle I am holding you right now. But just know that I will never leave you (by choice). You see, your daddy is a firefighter and sometimes, I have to put my life on the line to save others. I just hope your mom never has to tell you that our worst fears came true. 

You see, sometimes I need to do amazing things to save peoples lives and that (sometimes) means I have to go into fires. But for now, I am going to be safe at home with you both as well as your brother. Yes, that's right...you have a brother Louie. And you also have a few more people who love you in heaven. You have grandpa Boden, uncle Brian "Otis", uncle Andy, auntie Shay and great-great aunt Edwina. And they are all here with you taking care of you right now.
I love you both so much and I want you to remember me as a brave, strong, passionate, loving man who always took care of you...you are both my dreams come true and I really hope you never have to read this letter.

I love you both forever, Daddy