Chapter 459

Matt's POV: After leading Gabby out onto the floor, I smiled when I saw Antonio. "I guess you are helping Christie with Louie today?" He nodded and smiled. "Yeah. That and I wanted to come and check on the Halsteads." Jay laughed when he said that. "Believe me, we are being safe. Hermann just gave us his apartment to use so that we are safe from COVID." Antonio agreed with him when he said that. "You guys sure you are okay with me leaving?" Jay then looked at him. "You are going to work from home instead. The less CPD here the better. We are safe."

I agreed with Jay when he said that. "Plus, the less family we have here the better. That reminds me, you need to head upstairs Gabby so that my mom can leave." She nodded and smiled before going to bend down and hug Louie. "You have fun with uncle Antonio and aunt Christie. Mommy and daddy will come get you soon, I promise." He agreed and nodded. Meanwhile, I bent down and went to hug him too and just smiled while kissing his cheek. "Have fun with your aunt and uncle okay buddy? And we will talk later." He agreed with me and smiled. "Yes daddy!"

Gabby then went to hug him too and smiled. "I will call you later okay Antonio? I have to go upstairs so that Matt's mom can leave." Walking up to me, she brought me close and went to kiss me softly. "Stay safe and come spend time with me and the twins when you have a chance. Oh and I expect you to sleep upstairs with me tonight." I nodded and smiled when she said that. "Believe me, there is nowhere I would rather sleep tonight than in our bed here with you in my arms." Gabby smiled when I said that before leaving to head into our apartment.

Looking at Christie, I smiled at her. "Promise me that you guys will be safe. I do not want to have to respond to a call at your home. I am going to get scared." She nodded and agreed with me. "Believe me Matt, we are going to be safe. You have nothing to worry about." I then went to look down at Louie and smiled at him. "Oh sis, don't you know that worrying is just something that comes with being a parent? I mean, you still worry about Violet so...I am always going to do the same when it comes to Louie and the twins. Them and Gabby are my world so..."

That's when I heard Gabby come downstairs. "Awh, I feel the same way." I smiled when I saw her. "Now, I am not going to be long. I need to rush back in since the twins are alone right now." I nodded when she said that. Looking at my mom, I went to hug her and smiled. "Be safe and call me when you are home okay?" She agreed and smiled. "Wait, at Christie's or..." I then looked at her. "Both please. I want to make sure that you are safe all the time." My mom nodded and understood, giving me a hug again. "Of course Matt, I understand." I then went to kiss her cheek.

Gabby then smiled as my mom, Antonio, Christie and Louie all left to head to their place. Turning to look at her, I smiled as I went to wrap my arms around her. "He's safe with all of them. Just remember that okay?" Gabby nodded when I said that and smiled. "That also means that we have the apartment with just us and the twins until the end of the storm. I am positive we are going to be here tomorrow for clean up." I then thought about that. "Antonio, Christie!" Antonio then turned to look at me as I ran after them. "Yeah man?"

I then sighed. "I just thought about something. We might have to stay longer for cleanup. Can you guys..." He nodded and smiled. Looking at Louie. "Louie, you okay to stay with uncle Antonio until mommy and daddy are done working? It might be a few days since there is a big storm coming." He looked at me and nodded. "I know what you do is important. Stay safe?" I nodded and smiled while bending down to hug him again. "Of course buddy. We will talk every day. And I promise, the minute we can leave...I am coming to get my little boy."

He agreed and smiled as they all walked away. Meanwhile, I walked back into the firehouse and went to wrap my arms around Gabby. "Just remember that he is safe with family." She nodded and smiled. "And I am alone with you for the first time in a while. We might get a couple nights alone." I nodded when she said that. "As much as I hate sending him away, I think we need to whenever we work...I am already weary bringing you and the kids here so...if he can be safe, I think that is what we should do." Gabby nodded when I said that and smiled.

Looking at her, I went to kiss her softly. "You go relax with the twins for a bit okay?" Gabby then smirked. "Think you can come relax with me for a bit?" I was about to say yes when the bells went off. Unfortunately, I had to go since it was a fire call. 

"Engine 51, Tuck 71, Truck 81, Ambo 61, Ambo 71....House fire at 387A, 387B, 388A, 388B, 389A and 389B Johnson Blvd."

However this wasn't just any call. This was personal...it was both mine and Gabby's as well as Jay and Erin's homes. Jay then overhead the address and he turned to look at us both. The reason? That was our homes. I then turned to look at Delaney. "Delaney, you are in charge for this call." He was confused when I said that. "That's our home." He then stared at me and nodded. "Casey, you stay here with your family. You are done! First your mom, then your home...you are done for today. I'm sorry but, you are not fighting me on this!" I agreed.

Everybody then ran out to try and save both me and Gabby's as well as Jay and Erin's homes.