Chapter 449

Back next door with Matt & Gabby:
Matt's POV: As I finish packing up my bags, I smile as I make myself a bagel in the kitchen as well as a bowl of cereal for Louie. "Here you go Louie, some breakfast." That's when I heard Gabby come out with Hannah. "Babe, you don't need to make him breakfast. You need to eat and get ready." I nodded when she said that. "I am in the middle of making myself a bagel as we speak." Gabby nodded when I said that and smiled. That's when I got a call from Captain Severide. 

"Sorry babe, it's Severide." Going to answer it, I smiled. "Good morning Captain Severide. You ready to do a lot of rescues today with a whole bunch of independence this time around?" He laughed when I said that. "So, you coming in today or are we going through our first natural disaster with Deputy Chief Delaney as our leader?" I then laughed. "I am coming in with the kids and Gabby in the apartment. The Halsteads are watching them. Gabby is field hospital." I then went to look at Gabby. "Go get your masks. Medical grade from hospital and fabric mask!"

Gabby nodded when I said that. "Right, thanks for reminding me." She then went to walk back into our room to get her masks. Grabbing my bagel, I started to eat breakfast while talking to Severide. "What was with you yelling at Gabby?" I sighed. "She had to get her masks. I am requiring masking today. Everybody has to wear them since my kids as well as Jay and Erin are there. Gabby is working the CFD-Med Field Hospital." Severide agreed with me. That's when I got a call from Chicago Med. "Severide, I have to go. Sorry Chief work. It's Chicago Med." He agreed.

Ending my call with Severide, I went to answer. "Chief Casey, Firehouse 71." That's when I heard Mrs. Goodwin on the other end of the phone. "Hi Chief Casey, I was just wondering who was in charge at the house today?" I then laughed. "I am going in as Chief. You calling about the field hospital?" She agreed. "Yes, I want to let you know that I am sending you Dr. Manning as head doctor, Maggie Lockhart as head nurse, and Doctors Noah Sexton and Jeff Clarke." I agreed with her. "It'll be great to work with Clarke again! He used to be a firefighter remember?" She agreed.

"Yes, I remember. Now, we will send other doctors to rotate every once and a while." I agreed with her. "You guys do whatever you can. I just want to let you know that Gabby will be assisting at the hospital. She did field work in Puerto Rico and has limited knowledge about medical treatment in the field so she is going to help." Mrs. Goodwin liked the sound of that. "Good, the more man power the better. I will send extra masks for you guys and you can always call us for more. Now, can we please put the patients in the house instead of on the driveway?"

I agreed with her. "Of course, the trucks will be moved onto the driveway. Now, I really need to eat so that I can get to the house. I have a ride." She agreed. "Be safe today Chief." I agreed and went to hang up when I heard a knock on the door. Walking over, I saw Jay and Champ. "Hey, I just need to grab my bag and we can go in a minute." Jay nodded and agreed. "Of course, you ready for this?" I nodded and smiled. "Gabby!" Gabby then came our carrying the twins. "Hey Jay, you guys on your way?" I nodded as I went to grab my bags on the couch. "Erin will be over soon and promise you won't over do it. I have my laptop and my things. Tell me when you're there if I am at the firehouse. I am going to help you bring them in." Gabby nodded as I went to wrap my arm around her. Kissing her softly, I smiled before kissing the twins' cheeks.

Walking over to Louie, I went to bend down since he was on the couch. "Hey buddy, you have to promise me that you are going to behave today okay? Daddy is going to be working hard. Do you know what a tornado is?" Louie nodded and agreed. "Big storm." I nodded when he said that. "Yes. So daddy has to be a hero today. You are going to stay with uncle Jay and aunt Erin today. Mommy and daddy are going to be at the firehouse but we are going to be working. However, I promise to come see you when I can okay?" Louie nodded when I said that. "Be safe daddy." I nodded and smiled, kissing his forehead before walking over to Gabby. "He's right...you be safe." I nodded and agreed with her. Stepping close to her, I gave her one last kiss before leaving. "I love you and I will see you at the house." Gabby nodded and smiled when I said that, waving goodbye.