Chapter 418

Meanwhile next door with the Halsteads:
Jay's POV: As I stand in the living room while doing a 30-minute body sculpting workout, I smile considering Erin was currently taking a nap. She worked on the case a lot today and we are getting somewhere. However, I made sure that she didn't work too hard (even though I know that was hard for her). Grabbing some water, I then went to grab my weights so that I could work on my biceps and abs (which Erin loved)....so you could say that this workout was for Erin almost as much as it was for me. These workouts were also good for my mental health/PTSD issues.

That's when I got a call from my brother. He must be on break from shift. Pausing my workout, I went to grab my phone from the table before walking over to the couch. "What can I do for Dr. Halstead this afternoon?" Will laughed when I said that. "I am just calling to check on you." I was confused when he said that. "Will, I do not have COVID. I'm fine. I am not going to get COVID." Will then sighed and I knew what he was talking about now. "Jay, Erin is going to be fine. And I promise that I will do whatever I can to save her. I am going to be in the room with you both."

I sighed when he said that. "Was Erin the one that told you?" Will sighed. "Jay, it doesn't matter who told me. But I want you to know that you and Erin are not going to be alone in there. I talked to Goodwin after I learned about this dream and I asked her for permission to be in the room with you. I said it might be safer since I am family for COVID stuff." I agreed with him. "What did she say?" Will then laughed. "She said that she will allow me so that I can meet my niece. I told her I was going to take a few days after Erin gives birth so that I can help you guys out."

I agreed with him when he said that. "Promise me that you will do some parenting classes before you do that. I would rather not be the only one learning as I go. And you know how my anxiety is...I need something constant. I am just glad that's Erin and Champ." Will agreed with me when I said that. "By the way, how is she doing with the new neighbors? I saw there was a car in the driveway while I was driving by on my way to work." I was confused when he said that. "You drive by here on your way to work?" Will agreed. "I know you walk Champ in the morning."

I then laughed. "Yeah, I do that at the CPD Training Center. They have a huge field there. We play fetch while I do laps around the track." Will agreed with me when I said that. "Smart. Now listen, I just wanted to check on you. They have been saying that the isolation is not the best for mental health. Knowing that you have mental health issues after your time in the military..." I understood what he was trying to say. That's when I saw Erin at the door. "Hey Will, you want to say hi to Erin?" I then went to put him on speaker and smiled. "Hey."

Walking over to me, Erin smiled as she wrapped her arm around my back and then went to kiss me softly. "I love you." I smiled and agreed with her when she said that before going to kiss her forehead. "I love you too." Will then spoke to her. "How you feeling Erin? You still okay being in isolation with those kids of yours?" Erin was confused when he said that. "Yeah, I am going to do whatever it takes to keep the babies safe." Will then went to make a (bad) joke. "No, I'm talking about your other kids." I then went to shake my head. "Watch it Will...Godfather status on the line!"

Will then laughed. "You do realize that the only Catholics you know are me, Natalie, Owen, Antonio, Matt and Gabby right?" Erin the turned to look at me when he said that. "Then Matt and Gabby are the godparents. Who better than our neighbors?" Will then protested. "C'mon Jay. Brothers before others!" I laughed when he said that and couldn't help but agree. "Fine but that is subject to change. Stay in my good graces and you are the godfather." Erin then smiled. "And Olive will be the godmother!" I nodded when she said that and agreed with her. "Justin's wife."

Erin smiled when I said that before bringing me close to her. Kissing her slowly, I just smiled at her. "Listen Will, I have to let you go okay? I have to take a shower because I just finished a workout." He agreed. "Of course man. Stay safe and talk to you later." I agreed with him when he said that before looking at Erin. "Join me?" Erin nodded and smiled. "I have to make supper for you. How about you keep working out...we'll eat and then we can take a shower?" I then shook my head. "My pregnant wife doesn't cook for me when we have leftovers."

Erin nodded when I said that. "Shower first or after?" I then smiled while going to grab her hand, ready to take a shower with her.