Chapter 403

Meanwhile next door with Matt & Gabby's new neighbors:
Jay's POV: As I come out of the house with some garbage, I realize that the neighbors are home because their van in the driveway next door. The new owners of the place have been gone all the time. Well, heck...I am not even sure if we've met them yet. I decided that now that they are home...I thought it'd be kind for me to introduce myself to them. Closing the door behind me, I went to walk over to the neighbor's place to go introduce myself. Putting my mask on, I smiled while walking up the path. I then proceeded to go knock on the door to introduce myself.

That's when I heard a voice I thought I recognized. "C'mon, right when I am about to get in the shower this happens! How do people know we are home?" I started to recognize the voice but I wasn't sure until he opened the door. "WHAT!" He then looked at me and stopped. "Oh, sorry." I then looked at him. "Nice way to welcome me into the neighborhood." He was shocked when I said that. "What?" I then nodded. "We just bought the house next door." Matt laughed when I said that. "Well looks like you're in our circle now." That's when I saw Gabby come out.

"Hey Matt, what's Jay doing here?" Matt then turned to look at her. "Remember how I said that there were new neighbors?" Gabby then smiled when he said that. "Glad to know we can trust that our neighbors will be COVID-free." She then walked up to me and hugged me. "How did you guys find this place?" Matt then smiled as he wrapped his arm around Gabby. "This was our original marital home. So, when it came onto the market...we just had to go for it. The twins are too young for us to have a big place. Plus, we have great neighbors. Just an FYI, dogs."

Matt then pointed to the house behind mine and nodded. "I know. Champ likes to play with them through the fence." Gabby then bit her lip, obviously worried about that. "I promise, I will train him to be quiet and I go out with him at night. He won't wake up the kids." Gabby agreed and nodded. "Wait, you guys have 2 floors right?" I nodded and smiled. "Sorry but, we are not switching homes. Enjoy your one floor apartment." Matt nodded and smiled. "Hey, if you need someone to take care of Champ when Erin goes into labor...I can help out if I'm not working."

I smiled when he said that. "I will keep that in mind. But listen, I am going to tell Erin that you guys said hi and that you are our new neighbors. Look like we have babysitters for the future." Matt laughed when I said that. "Yeah. Did you forget we have twins and Louie?" I agreed and nodded. "Right. Now listen, you guys have a good time and welcome home. I am going to go back to my wife and twins-to-be." Matt smiled and nodded when I said that. "By the way, twice in one day eh?" I laughed and agreed, walking back home to Erin so I could tell her.