Chapter 399

15 minutes later at Molly's with Jay and Erin:
Jay's POV: As I sit on the patio with Erin on our lunch break, I sigh considering I was still not completely okay with being at the district. However, she said that she would withhold sex if I didn't let her work at the district. God, me and wanting sex more than wanting to keep my girl safe. I am so pissed that it has come down to this but...what am I expected to do? It's not like I can say no to her. She would just seduce me into saying yes. "God, can you just pick something Erin? I am starting to get hungry after my workout with Champ. How are you not hungry?"

Erin then looked up at me and laughed. "Last time I checked, you were the one that left that delicious breakfast I like. So sorry if me having ate that breakfast while you were working out filled me up a bit." I nodded and agreed with her when I saw Hermann come out. "What can I get you guys?" I then sighed and looked at him. "We are going to start with a Caesar please. Erin still hasn't decided on her main course. Also, can we get some water for this guy down here." Hermann then looked down at Champ and smiled at him. "You're hot eh boy?"

I then nodded while looking at Erin. "Not as hot as my girl in bed." Erin then blushed when I said that and shook her head. "You still have to paint the nursery and put our bed together before you can even think of us christening the new place." Erin then looked at Hermann. "Just get the me the quesedilla...hold the peppers and olives. Just chicken, cheese, salsa and a few pieces of garlic." He then looked at me. "Garlic?" Erin then sighed and nodded. "You should know about this Hermann. How many kids you have again?" He then agreed and walked away.

Looking at Erin, I smiled at her. "So listen, I was thinking about us maybe taking Friday off and heading up to the Cabin for a little while. We can have a mini-honeymoon/July 4th celebration in private at the family cabin. You can check it out and see if you'd be okay spending every summer weekend with the twins up there. I'm sorry but...I am not going to stay here during the summer when we have a piece of land near Joliet that we can go use and just get out of the city for a while. It's actually where I went last weekend." Erin then sighed and looked at me.

We had a fight last weekend about me having been very closed off to her but...it was because of my former solider friend's death by suicide. I just didn't want to tell her because I didn't want to share. I was scared that she would think I am suicidal. Erin then looked at me and nodded. "Jay, had you told me...I would've understood and went with you. You shouldn't have had to go through your friend's suicide alone. Jay, I know you are not going to commit suicide because you are too excited to meet Jayson and Olivia. By the way, when are Matt and Gabby home?"

That's when we heard Matt come out onto the patio with Louie

That's when we heard Matt come out onto the patio with Louie. "Actually, we just got home this morning." Turning to look at him, I smiled. "Hey Louie, you remember me? I'm your uncle Antonio's police friend." Louie then looked at Champ and went to pet him. I nodded and smiled at Matt. "What's it like to have your entire family home?" Matt then smiled. "Amazing. It's a lot less stressful. Mind if I join you guys? I want to talk to you and I trust you're safe." Erin nodded and smiled when he asked her that. "Yeah, let us buy you a meal to celebrate them being home."

Matt then agreed with us. "Hey, you are never going to hear me say no to you letting me save some money. Louie, you okay sitting next to Jay?" Louie nodded as Matt went to set him down next to me on the chair. He then went to walk around the table and joined us, sitting next to Erin when Hermann came out. "Oh, Matt...I didn't even see you come out." Matt smiled when he said that. "Yeah, thought I would come join Jay and Erin since they are the safest bet when it comes to not bringing germs home." Hermann smiled when he said that. "Everybody's home?"

Matt nodded when Hermann asked him that. "Yeah, we just got home an hour ago. Gabby wanted rest and her mom's there. I decided to take Louie out because he wanted a bit of time with his daddy. I am going to bring Gabby a caesar wrap and a salad home okay? Maybe a grilled chicken sandwich for me for supper. And then a M&C for Louie later." I then went to look at him. "M&C?" Matt then went to grab his phone and texted me. 'Mac n' cheese...surprise for him.' I then went to look at it and agreed, smiling. "Oh and a chocolate milk for him, water for me."

Hermann nodded and agreed. "Want what about you guys?" Erin then smiled. "We are still waiting for our Caesar Salad but...can we upgrade it so that we have enough for the table?" Hermann agreed and nodded. "And your food?" Erin then smiled. "I am going to get the fajitas, mild salsa. And I want to make them myself please." Hermann nodded and agreed as he went to grab the menu. Meanwhile, I ordered a burger. "Get me your best burger with lettuce, tomato, cheese and mayo." Hermann agreed and smiled. "Sure thing. Drinks are coming."

Hermann then turned to look at Matt. "How are you guys so far?" Matt then laughed and looked at him. "Get us the drinks and we will talk. By the way, Lee Henry is not on Truck 81 if he gets candidate at our house...he is on Truck 71!" Hermann nodded and agreed with Matt when he said that. "Of course Chief. Be back soon with all of your food. And Matt, I am going to send Stella out okay? She's here tending bar. She's going to give you a beer." Matt then laughed. "When I have a wife who's breastfeeding and I am with my son? Rain check!" He agreed.

Turning to look at us, Matt smiled. "So, how is your pregnancy going Erin?" Erin then smiled when he asked her that. "Uhm...this is going to be a bit touchy for you so I'd rather not." Matt was confused when she said that. "What do you mean?" Erin sighed and looked at him. "I am 25 weeks pregnant."