Chapter 356

Matt's POV: Once I finished my tour of the new firehouse and speaking with Captain Delaney, I smiled when I made my way back home to see Antonio playing with Louie. "Hey Louie, you like playing with uncle Tonio?" Louie nodded when I said that. I then went to look at Antonio. "Where's Gabby?" Antonio looked at me and smiled. "She's resting in bed. If you want to go join her...I am enjoying this spanish time with Louie." I smiled when he said that. "Thanks. I am working a day shift tomorrow...well not working, we are doing drills. We are going to do some house integration stuff. Get Firehouse 20 and Firehouse 51 to become Firehouse 71."

Antonio nodded and agreed. "Listen, you go relax in bed and I mean relax...I don't need to hear you having sex." I nodded and agreed with him. "Dude, we don't have that anymore. By the way...it's S-E-X in front of Louie please." He nodded and agreed, remembering that. "Right." I then smiled. "She's not comfortable anymore. Remember, we are having twins!" Antonio nodded and agreed. "Okay, now go see your wife and relax before your big day Battalion Chief of Firehouse 71." I smiled when he said that. "You are my liaison at CPD still right?" Antonio nodded and smiled. "Me, Jay and Erin are co-Liaisons at CPD." I agreed and smiled. "Thanks."

Antonio then smiled. "Now, get going...I am going to talk to Louie about being a good big brother." I then smiled when he said that and laughed. "Gabby?" He nodded and agreed. "Yeah. I know what happened." I smiled and nodded before going to walk to our room so that I could go spend some alone time with Gabby in bed. Walking in, I knocked on the door and smiled at Gabby as she laid there, looking quite comfortable. "You want me to get changed and you join in bed?" Gabby nodded and smiled when I said that. "Yes please." I agreed and smiled, ready to go just that. Walking over to my dresser, I went to grab my sweats to get changed.

Getting changed, I smiled at Gabby. "Just to let you know ahead of time...I am working tomorrow during the day. Firehouse 71 is coming and we are going to do house integration drills. So team building and co-operation stuff. You can watch if you want. Maybe meet the other members of the team." Gabby smiled when I said that. "Get to watch hunky firefighters work out." I then stared at her when she said that. "Excuse me?" Gabby then laughed. "Oh shut up, you know that you are the only hunky fire chief I want in my life." I nodded and agreed with her before going to walk over to our bed and then getting in to cuddle with her.

Once I was all comfortable in bed with Gabby, I smiled as I covered us up before going to grab the blanket we always kept on our bed

Once I was all comfortable in bed with Gabby, I smiled as I covered us up before going to grab the blanket we always kept on our bed. Putting it around my shoulders, I felt Gabby cuddle up to me. Wrapping my arm around her back (like I always did), I went to rub her back while holding her close and kissing the top of her head. "How are you feeling in our new home? You like it here so far? I still have the other house that we need to sell if you don't like living here."

Gabby shook her head as she cuddled up to me more and slipped her legs in between mine. "We are not putting it on the market. I want to just wait and see how it goes here. If we don't like it then we have a backup plan. We might just stay here for a bit and then move back. I like where we live because it's close to a nice school and stuff." I sighed and agreed with her. "But it's further away from the firehouse. If it was closer, I'd be okay with still living there."

Sighing, Gabby looked at me. "Fine, we'll sell the house. But, I want to look for something around here. I am okay living here temporarily okay? I know they built it for us but...once the twins are old enough, I want to considering getting a bigger place...especially if we are going to think about adding a fourth child." I nodded when she said that before going to kiss her forehead. "I also want to only have it be our decision okay? Can you not talk about it with Antonio? I don't want to be ridiculed or judged if we decide to do it."

Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "Believe me, I understand that completely. Now listen, I am tired after going to the beach. Between the sun and the stress..." I then looked at her when she said that. "Hey, what stress are you talking about babe? What is stressing you out? Talk to me and let me in, please babe...you promised you would." Gabby sighed and nodded when I said that. "I am just worried I guess that there's going to be a lot of noise here." I nodded when she said that before kissing her forehead. "We can test it out tomorrow."

Gabby nodded when I said that. "And will people know to be safe with COVID if we come downstairs?" I nodded. "Want to help me write my speech for talking to everybody for the first time tomorrow?" Gabby smiled and nodded when I said that. "Get your iPad out and we will do it." I nodded and agreed with her, rolling over in bed to go grab my iPad so that we could write the first speech I was going to deliver as Battalion Chief of Firehouse 71.