Chapter 344

Matt's POV: Once I finished in the shower, I smiled as I looked at Gabby who was still just laying down in bed looking extremely sexy/gorgeous. "You know, seeing you laying down in bed like that every morning is going to be such a turn on...I am not sure I am going to want to go downstairs and work." Gabby nodded when I said that. She then looked at me as I wore my uniform. "You ready for this?" I nodded and smiled. "You going to come to the ceremony? Heather and the boys, Donna and Terrence as well as Shay and Otis' parents are going to be here today. We are going to honor them by ceremonially unveiling their statues today on the new property. We also have to unveil the one for the former chief of Firehouse 20...Vargas I think."

Gabby nodded when I said that before going to sit up in bed. "I am just glad you convinced them to put Shay's name on the new ambulance. I am shocked that they got us new equipment." I nodded and agreed with her. "They got us new trucks too." That's when I heard a knock on the door. "That might either be Donna or my Deputy Chief. Want me to send Louie in here while you take a shower or watch him? And do you trust Delaney?" Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "I am starting to. But when it comes to COVID, yes. Just go downstairs and let him in." I nodded and agreed before going to walk up to her. I then went to kiss her and smiled. "I love you."

I then went to kiss her stomach and smiled at her. "I love you too my little ones. Only 12 weeks and you're be safe in your mommy and daddy's arms." Gabby nodded and smiled when I said that. "Just get going okay? You can do that later." I agreed and nodded before going to kiss her quickly. Walking away, I smiled when I saw Louie opening the door with his mask on. "What did I Tell you about opening the door to strangers bud?" That's when I saw it was Delaney. "Okay, you are lucky it's Deputy Chief Delaney." Delaney nodded when I said that. "Thanks for giving me the upgrade." I nodded and smiled. "Thought it'd might make you feel better with me taking over."

Delaney smiled and nodded when I said that. "By the way, what are those statues outside?" I smiled when he asked me that. "Those are the memorials I commissioned. There's a statue of 3 of our fallen brothers and sisters-in-arms from Firehouse 51. Then there's one of Chief Boden as well as one for your late Chief. But the one I am most excited to reveal is the one I personally commissioned. My brother-in-law used to work with me at 51 so...my sister and nephews are going to be coming here to the opening and unveiling. Remember Andy Darden?" Delaney then looked at me when I said that. "No, your brother-in-law was Andy Darden?"

I sighed when he said that. "Yeah, didn't know that at the time unfortunately. So...I still blame myself for killing my nephew's dad." Delaney sighed when I said that. "Don't do that to yourself Chief." I then smiled. "Listen, I want to tell you this. For you, I want you to call me Matt. You may be my Deputy Chief but...that's only for the CFD. When it comes down to it, you are my equal for Engine 71 and Truck 71. However, I still get to overrule you if it interferes with the entire situation. If I can delegate part of it...I will. You still need to make sure I get full control." Delaney nodded and agreed. "By the way, we on shift today?" I nodded and smiled. "No, on the 4th"

Delaney smiled as he went to sit at the bar. "By the way, love the apartment you guys have. It's huge." I nodded and laughed. "Yeah. Me and Gabby are on the main floor over there. Louie is upstairs with 2 other bedrooms. I asked them to customize this for me." Delaney laughed when I said that. "This was smart Matt. I like it. Honestly, I underestimated you. I thought you were going to just make it nice for your crew." I then looked at him when he said that. "Greg, listen to me...there is no more my men and your men. It's our men. I care just as much for O'Connor as I do Kidd. Okay, that's a bad example because she's my best friend's fiancé."

Delaney laughed when I said that and then went to get up. "Mind if I grab some water from your fridge?" I shook my head. "No, of course not...go ahead." That's when I saw Louie come downstairs. "Hey buddy. I thought you were going to be in the living room." Louie then walked over to me with his blanket, running into my arms after getting scared since he doesn't like strangers. I then sighed and went to pick him up. Kissing his head, I smiled. "It's okay buddy. That's uncle Greg. Daddy's deputy chief." I then went to kiss his head again and just held him close. "Sorry if he's shy." Greg then laughed. "It's okay." 

I then turned to look at Louie and kissed his head. "You want to eat breakfast with daddy?" Louie nodded when I asked him that. "You want some zoo pancakes like Cindy used to make you?" Louie looked at me when I said that and nodded. I then went to kiss his forehead and smiled. "Go sit on the couch and I will make them for you." I then went to let him down and smiled while he ran away to go watch TV. "Zoo pancakes?" I then laughed as I went to grab the pancake mix. "It's something cute. By the way, you got the e-mail right? I do not want any paper reports in this house. I want electronic reports. If I can come up here and stay the night here, I will."

Delaney nodded and agreed. "I was going to do the same thing. Nothing like being with the family." I nodded and smiled. "There's a bell up here that will wake me up. I am just glad I convinced Gabby that it would be a good idea even though we are going to have twins in 2 1/2 months." Delaney agreed with me. "Just curious, you already put in for paternity leave? And if so, who's taking over?" I then smiled at him. "I am going to stay on but just do the administrative stuff. Hopefully, you can take over and do the stuff in the field? Sorry but, it's a lot of money." He agreed and laughed. "We'll make it work. Now, do you mind if I go say hi to your wife or..."

That's when Gabby came downstairs. "It's okay, I'm right here. Forgot my prenatal vitamins down here." Gabby then walked over to Delaney and smiled. "Pleasure to meet you Delaney, I'm Gabby Casey." Delaney nodded and agreed, going to shake her hand when I stopped him. "Can you wash up first? Sorry, just a little..." He agreed and nodded. "Of course." I then sighed and turned to look at Gabby. "Babe, you are going to have to be more careful when it comes to that." Gabby nodded and sighed as she walked up to me. "Sorry." Going to kiss her forehead, I sighed.

I then went to grab her hand. "Listen, how about you go take a shower and I will make you some pancakes? I am making Louie some zoo pancakes." Gabby smiled when I said that. "That sounds great. Louie, how about you come with me and we can go get dressed?" Louie then nodded as he went to run away to go back upstairs with Gabby. Meanwhile, I just looked at Delaney. "God, you are glowing Matt. You are going to love being a dad to twins." I nodded and agreed. "Yeah." Just standing there, I smiled as me and Delaney got to know each other better in our new home.