Emergency Activation

Matt's POV: After getting dressed to go to work, I looked at Gabby as she stood in the kitchen to our apartment. "You already call Delaney?" Gabby nodded as I went to walk over to her. "Listen, you be safe tonight and make sure that you guys co-operate." I nodded and agreed with her when she said that. "I promise. Now listen, I am going to work through the night and until the morning after. Can you make sure that Louie sleeps in his room tonight? I don't want him to wake up whenever I come in and out." Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "Yes, now go!" I agreed and nodded before going to walk out of the apartment. That's when I saw Delaney come out too. "You ready to do this Matt?" I nodded and agreed with him. "Yes, you okay with this?"

Delaney laughed and agreed with me. "I live for this. We scene commanders or are we..." I shook my head. "Grissom is going to be there and we are backup. I already have my squad getting here. Can you get the jackets out and have them ready on the doors? I am going to leave with Truck 81 when it's ready. Can you stay until everybody is here and make sure it's safe here?" Delaney nodded as we both made it onto the floor. I then went to grab my jacket and a radio before looking at him. "Remember, you control Engines. I got Trucks and Squad." Delaney nodded and agreed with me when I saw Ambo 61 arrive. I then went to radio to them "Ambo 61, continue to Commercial District Fire." I then thought about it. I then decided to radio to Chief Hatcher.

"Chief Casey to Chief Hatcher" I then waited for him to respond. "Go ahead Chief Casey." I agreed with him. "Can you provide assistance at Industrial District fire? We are responding and assisting. Can you control Ambos?" He agreed with me when he said that. "On route Casey. See you there and good luck!" I agreed with him when he said that. "Delaney, get all of the jackets, boots, helmets and stuff. Bring them to the trucks!" He agreed when I said that. "Right, that makes sense." I then went to run away and do the same with everybody. That's when I heard Hermann run in. "Chief, where you need me?" I then turned to look at him. "You got here fast." He nodded when I Said that. "We were out grocery shopping." I agreed. "Change, gear out!"

Hermann nodded and agreed as he went to find a locker and then got changed. Meanwhile, I went to look at Delaney. "Delaney, I am going to ask you to pair up with the other trucks. I also need you to tell me. Should we call in extra stuff?" Delaney looked at me when I said that and shook my head. "I think we should be good." That's when I heard Gabby. "Matt, Delaney! Get out of here and go get set up at the fire scene. I can close the garage doors when all the trucks are gone. That okay Matt?" I then turned to look at her. "Gabby, no. I am not doing that. You are not coming down here. Get back in the house and do not leave. You are pregnant and I am not going to put you at risk!" Gabby then looked at me. "Go make your proposal for Ambo Chief here!"

Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "I will talk to you when I'm back." She agreed and went in. I then turned to look at Delaney and sighed. "Sorry about that." He agreed and nodded. That's when I heard Ambos 61 and 71 radio to us. "Ambo 61 to Chief Casey. Can we bypass house and proceed to Industrial fire?" I agreed with him. "Go ahead. Same orders for you Ambo 71." They both agreed when I said that before proceeding to continue. "That's when I saw Severide and Stella arrive. "Thank god I knew the cop who stopped us. I told him we were fire and just got called in." I nodded and agreed with him. "He gave us his card...call him for us." I nodded and agreed. "Glad you both changed. Geer up, wait for your crew." That's when I saw Mouch.

Mouch came in with Trudy in her cop car. Rushing in, he looked at me. "Change and let's go." Gallo came in right after him, walking. "You got here fast." He nodded. "I live across the street with Ritter." I nodded when he said that. "That's when I realized I had my full crew on Truck 81 other than Adams." Delaney, I am going to get Truck 81 going and I will ride with them. Adams isn't here yet...can you give him a ride? If we can get a truck there ASAP!" He nodded and agreed with me. "Sure thing, smart move. Or, I can send him with the next truck." I agreed and nodded. "Sure thing. Chief keys are in the Jeep." He agreed and nodded as I went to grab my jacket and then proceeded to run over to Truck 81. Stella turned to look at me. "Chief?" I then looked at her. "Adams is coming later. Just drive." 

She agreed and nodded when I said that. I then went to grab the radio set and radio'd to Grissom. "Chief Casey to Commissioner Grissom!" Grissom then replied to me. "Go ahead chief Casey." I then went to speak to him (again). "Truck 81 en route with me. My Deputy will bring my missing firefighter as we had 3 of 4 members of team. Where do you want us? And am I in control of the area?"  Grissom then replied to me. "Can you take control at Blue Island and Levitt." The truck then all laughed when he said that. "Right down the street from the Old 51" We all agreed and nodded. "Got it Grissom. En route." I then watched as Stella drove us to the Commercial District for our first fire as Firehouse 71.