Chapter 353

Matt's POV: After taking Louie to the washroom, I came back to see Gabby listening to her music while tanning. I was confused when I saw that because I expected her to be mad. "You aren't mad that Louie came to find me?" Gabby then opened her eyes and looked at him. "Nope." I was confused and just looked at her. "I told him to because I just got comfortable and didn't want to have to get up to go bring him to the washroom." I then looked at Severide who was there too. "I ain't touchin' a kid's butt unless it's my own kid's butt!" Gabby nodded when he said that. "Agreed." I then looked at her. "I was scared." I then went to sit with her and smiled, kissing her.

Gabby smiled when I did that. "You going back to Jay or are you going to stay here with me?" I then smiled at her and went to sit down. "I wouldn't mind staying and talking to my newly re-instated Squad Lieutenant." Severide smiled when I said that. "You know that I appreciate it right? I am glad that you decided to give me a second chance." I nodded when he said that. "Honestly man, there is nobody I would rather have as my Squad Lieutenant right now. Heck, I am still grieving Boden...and now we are at a regional firehouse where I am chief. That's huge and I need to have someone I can rely on. However, you do not go rogue. I'm still chief."

Severide nodded when I said that. "Except when I am alone on a scene right?" I nodded when he said that. "However, you need to try and figure out something that you can do to try and get a promotion. I already think that Delaney is trying to get one of his guys to do something so that they become a Captain. I know we said that he would follow my authority but...that doesn't mean that his teams have to follow your authority if I am not on scene. If his truck Lieutenant becomes a captain like him...then Stella is underneath them. I am just glad you are the only Squad in the house. So, you can't be overruled by anybody but me and Capt. Delaney."

Gabby then looked at me when I said that. "Is that something you are worried about?" I sighed and nodded before going to move into my lap to cuddle up to me. I smiled when she did that because it cheered me up and it allowed me to wrap my arm around her. Kissing her forehead, I just smiled as I held her close. "You know that I love you like crazy when you do this right?" Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "Why do you think I do it?" I smiled when she said that before going to rub her baby bump. That's when I felt the twins kick for me. "Oh god, they're moving." Gabby looked at me when I said that and nodded.

Moving her hand to mine, she smiled when she felt both twins kick. Kissing her head, I just smiled. "God, that feels amazing." Gabby smiled and nodded as she leaned up and went to kiss me softly. "I love you." I smiled when she said that and nodded. "I love you too." Holding her close, I smiled because me and Gabby were just really comfortable right now. However, the same couldn't be said for Severide. "Okay, you guys are gross. What was that for?" I then smiled and looked at him. "I felt both the twins move at the same time. That doesn't happen very often. Normally it's just one of them or neither of them. So, it's nice when it's both at the same time."

Stella agreed with me when I said that. "I bet it is. So, you guys ready for the babies at the new house you guys have at the firehouse?" I nodded and smiled. "That was the first thing we set up. I wanted to have it done just in case the babies came early." I then looked at Gabby. "Not that it will happen or that it will be a problem." I then went to look at them both. "We are having a scheduled C-Section so...we should be okay." Gabby nodded and smiled as she cuddled up to me more. "Matt, I am just going to cuddle up to you for a while okay? I am starting to feel a little tired. You know that I have been tired lately." I nodded and agreed with her, kissing her head.

"If you want to go back to the house, I am good with that. I can organize my office some more." Gabby then looked at me when I said that and nodded. "Do you guys mind?" Severide then looked at us both and shook his head. "Of course not. You look tired anyways Gabby." I then turned to look at Jay. "Hey Jay, we are going to head back to the firehouse. You okay with that?" Jay then nodded and smiled. "We can hang out with Severide instead." I then turned to look at Severide. "Just to let you know...you have a day shift tomorrow. We are going to do team building between 1st shift before our official opening the next day."

Severide nodded when I said that. "Do we need to wear uniforms?" I nodded. "Please do. However, just remember that they only have 1 shift. They are going to get all the new candidates to build up their roster." Severide agreed and nodded. "Sounds good." I then smiled at Gabby. "Can you get up and we can get going? Louie, we are going home okay?" Louie nodded when I said that and then got up so that we could leave to go back home to the firehouse.