Chapter 348

General POV:
An hour later, Matt and Gabby are back upstairs in their apartment after the Grand Opening of the new firehouse and the re-dedication of the memorials that were moved from the other firehouses. They are currently in the midst of getting ready to go to the beach with Jay & Erin.

Matt's POV:
As I walked out of the bedroom shortly after getting changed for the beach, I see Jay standing in the living room wearing his swim trunks. "You look ready to either tan or get in the water." Jay turned to look at me when I said that and laughed. "And you look like you are going to the beach in Alaska." I laughed too when he said that. "I burn easily." He nodded when I said that. "You'd think you wouldn't burn in Chicago considering how cold it is during the winter." I nodded and agreed with him when he said that. "I know right. By the way, negative for COVID?" Jay nodded. "Believe me, I wasn't coming here if I had COVID. I wasn't going to do that to you."

I nodded and agreed with him before going to shake his hand. "By the way, you are helping me with Louie today. Gabby wants to relax after all the moving that we did. Thought maybe we could let the girls tan while we went into the water with Louie or played beach volleyball." That's when I heard Gabby come out. "Speaking of Louie, can you go get him changed in his room babe?" I then turned to look at her and nodded. "Right, of course." Gabby smiled. "I mean, after you help me with my bra of course." I agreed and smiled when she turned around, going to help her do up her bra that she was struggling with. "There we go, it's all done up."

Gabby nodded when I said that before turning around in my arms and going to kiss me softly. "Thanks, now can you get Louie ready? Make sure you grab the sunscreen from the washroom. I need you to put some on both me and Louie later." I smiled when she said that. "Remember how I did it when we were at the beach together last time?" Gabby looked at me when I said that and smirked. "You mean in Puerto Rico last summer?" I nodded and smirked when she asked me that. "You want me to do it the same way?" Gabby then shook her head. "You can't babe. Remember, pregnant..." I then remembered that and nodded. "Right."

Gabby smiled and laughed when I said that before walking away to go finish getting ready. Meanwhile, I went to walk over to Louie's room to see him coloring. "Hey big man. I thought you were getting changed for the beach? Remember, we are going to the beach today?" Louie then turned to look at me. "Daddy, when we are going home?" I then looked at him when he said that. "Louie, this is home. Remember...we need to live here because daddy works downstairs with the big trucks." Sitting on his bed, I went to look at him before kissing his head when he came to sit in my lap. "Promise me that this isn't just another home where I leave you."

I shook my head when he said that before going to grab his swim trunks. "Here, let's get you changed for the beach and then we can go see mama okay?" Louie nodded and agreed with me when I said that. Going to get him undressed, I smiled when I grabbed his swim trunks and helped him get changed for the beach. I then went to grab his shirt while he stood in my lap before going to tickle him a bit. "Daddy, stop!" I then smiled as he laughed while holding him close. Wrapping my arms around him, I looked up at him. "Only if you stop thinking that mommy and daddy are ever letting you leave us. You are our son okay Louie? Forever!"

Louie nodded when I said that and just held me close while I put his shirt on. "Do I hurt you when I ask you that?" I sighed and looked up at him. "A little buddy. But I know you don't mean to. It's just...we have wanted this for so long. This has been our dream, to have you be our son. To hear you think that we are going to let you leave us hurts bud. Please don't think we are ever going to let you go because that isn't the case. You are our son forever." Louie nodded when I said that. Going to hug me, he just held me close. "I sorry daddy." I nodded and agreed with him as I went to rub his back while holding him close to me. 

That's when I decided to pick him up and carry him out to the living room with me. Feeling him cuddle up to me, I smiled while going to kiss his shoulder. "Daddy is always going to be here because he loves you okay Louie?" Louie nodded when I said that before just holding me close while we spent a bit of father-son time together. I then looked at Jay as he smiled at the sight. "Okay, you guys are just adorable." I smiled and nodded while going to grab the sunscreen from the kitchen counter. "Babe, you want me to put the sunscreen on him now?"

Gabby then yelled from the bedroom. "Please. And do it under his shirt." I agreed and nodded as I carried Louie to the couch so that I could put some sunscreen on his back.

Louie's POV:
As my daddy put some sunscreen on me under my shirt, I could tell that he was hurting because I kept asking him whether I was leaving him. I am just scared because I left my mommy and daddy last time and I don't want that to have them. They make me so happy and my life with them is so much better. Feeling my daddy rub my back, I went to wrap my arms around his neck when I felt him cry a bit. "Daddy, don't cry. I sorry." My daddy nodded when I said that. "I know you are Louie. Just remember what I said. I am your daddy forever now." I nodded and agreed.

I then went to kiss his cheek to try and make him feel better. Smiling at me when he did that, my daddy then pointed to his lips. Kissing him like he wanted, I smiled as he held me close. "I love you daddy." My daddy smiled when I said that. "I love you too." My daddy then just wrapped his arms around me and we held each other while sitting on the couch...waiting for mommy to come out of their bedroom so that we could go to the beach together as a family. Wait, that's right...we are a family, I am not going anywhere. It must hurt daddy, I need to stop now.