Chapter 365

Matt's POV - Part 1:
Once I finished having breakfast with Gabby and Louie, I smiled as I stood at the door with Gabby. "I will see you later okay?" Gabby nodded when I said that. Bending down, I looked at Louie and smiled as I went to hug him. "You be a good boy for mommy and do not come downstairs without asking her." Louie nodded when I said that. I then smiled while getting up and bringing Gabby close to me. "If he wants to come down, text me and I will wait for him near the stairs, he knows how to come down...I already showed him." Gabby smiled, nodding.

Kissing me softly, Gabby smiled at me. "Stay safe and have fun. I know you are going to have fun today even if it's work." I nodded when she said that and smiled. "I promise. Now you guys have a good day and make sure that your mommy rest for me okay Louie?" Louie nodded when I said that and smiled at me. "Okay daddy!" I smiled when he said that and went to rub his head. "I mean it, I do not want to have to use my new ambulance before we are even start our first official shift. Remember, we are just training and stuff today." Gabby nodded and understood.

"Just to let you know, I do plan on working here eventually. But, I've thought about it and I'd like to work under you as chief. Can you think about it?" I sighed when she said that. "First we need to decide whether we are going to try again after the twins okay? If we decide to go ahead...then I am sorry but I am not going to be okay with you coming back. If we are done after the twins and I have to get the surgery again...then that's another thing. But listen, can we talk about this later? I have to go downstairs and be with everybody." Gabby nodded and smiled. "Sorry."

I sighed when she said that and walked up to her. Grabbing her hands, I went to intertwine our fingers. "You do not have to be sorry okay? You like having kids with me, what wife wouldn't? I mean, I have been told that I could be a model, actor and more because of how good looking I am." Gabby laughed when I said that. "And like people say, very cocky sometimes." Gabby then stepped close to me before going to kiss me softly. "I love you and make sure that the female firefighters down there don't drool all over my husband, make sure they know you're mine!"

Putting my right hand up, I smiled as I went to point to my wedding band. "It's never coming off again." Gabby smiled and agreed with me as I went to grab my bag that had my things by the door. I then smiled as I went to leave the apartment so that I could make my way downstairs. That's when I saw some of my men from Truck 71 looking at my new truck. "God, I don't care if it says 81 on it or that I am a candidate...I want to drive this baby." I then went to check for his name in my binder before yelling at him. "Nice try Gorge! You're a candidate, you don't drive."

Everybody then turned to look at me while I remembered my mask. (And so did Gabby). Quickly coming out, she went to give it to me. "Here." I nodded and smiled before going to give her one last kiss. "Have a good day." Gabby smiled when I said that. "I might call my mom to come over okay? If she comes, can you point her to the apartment?" I nodded and smiled. "Sure thing." I then went to walk downstairs to walk over to Gorge. "Chief Casey." I smiled and went to shake his hand. "Pleasure to meet you Gorge. You are not driving truck though. You are also Truck 71."

Gorge nodded and agreed with me when I heard Delaney come downstairs. "Ah, I see you have met my candidate." I turned to look at Delaney and smiled before going to shake his hand. "Morning, you ready for training today?" He nodded and smiled. "Oh, this is going to be fun. What are we thinking?" I then smiled at him. "Preferably, I would like to take care of training for your former men so that I can watch them and you can do my men. That way, we can move people around if we think they would work together. I don't want to limit Truck 71 to 71."

That's when I heard Severide come in. "However, until you have another Squad in here...I expect a little of bit of independence." I nodded and agreed with him when he said that. "Of course Severide." I then turned to look at Delaney. "Delaney, I want to introduce you to your new Squad Lieutenant, Kelly Severide." Delaney then looked at him. "Wait, Severide as in..." He nodded and smiled. "Yes, my father was Benny Severide." Delaney then looked at me. "Dang Casey, you have a good Squad Lieutenant. I am just shocked that he isn't a captain yet." I nodded and agreed.