Chapter 364

Gabby's POV: Once breakfast was ready, I smiled as I walked over to Matt and Louie with some plates. Normally we would eat at the table but, Matt and Louie looked so comfortable as they just cuddled up to one another on the couch. Looking at me as I came to join them, Matt looked shocked. "You don't want to eat at the table?" I shook my head and smiled at him. "You and Louie look too comfortable to disturb. I don't want you to have to get up if you don't have to."

Matt smiled when I said that before going to grab the plate I made for both him and Louie. "Half the stuff on there is for Louie okay?" Matt nodded and smiled. "Of course. Louie, what do you want to eat first?" Louie then went to grab his fork before starting to eat. Matt just laughed when he did that, kissing the top of his head. "You are going to be the best big brother Louie, you know that right? Maybe you can help mommy and daddy feed the babies when they're born soon?"

Louie nodded when Matt asked him that. "How long until the babies are born mommy?" I then smiled when he asked me that. "They are going to be born in 2 1/2 months Louie. So, in the middle of August. That's when you are going to start pre-school maybe." Matt looked at me when I said that. "You want to put him in preschool?" I sighed when he said that. "I am thinking about it. Would you be opposed to it?" Matt bit his lip. "Let's wait to see how stuff is okay?"

I nodded and understood why he was saying that. Who knows what's going to be happening with COVID-19 around that time. And if we can avoid bringing COVID-19 into the firehouse (or heck, our home in general)...then we are going to do just that. That's when I felt Louie put his hands on my stomach and I smiled. "You want to feel your siblings kick don't you buddy?" Louie nodded when I asked him that. But unfortunately, the babies weren't kicking right now. They were being calm right now. But that was normal. They tend to sleep during the day (fun!)

Matt looked at me because he knew that I was hiding something. "How much did they kick overnight and how much sleep did you get Gabby?" I sighed when he asked me that. "They were kicking a lot last night. I hadn't expected them to kick that much but...I did get some sleep. Maybe not as much as I should have considering I am going to be taking care of Louie on my own today." Matt sighed and looked at me. "If you need rest, bring him downstairs? I can do office work for a bit if required. I want you to be healthy okay? That's my main priority right now."

I nodded when he said that. "And you are sure it won't be a bother?" Going to grab my hand, Matt smiled and shook his head. "You needed me to take care of Louie while you get the rest you need to have a healthy pregnancy is never going to be a bother. You are my wife, the love of my life and the mother of our children. I am always going to do what's best for you and the kids first. My job is second and always will be." Matt then smiled at me while leaning in to kiss me softly.

Putting my hand on his cheek as I kissed him slowly, I just smiled as we held each other close. "You know that I'm crazy for you right?" Matt laughed and nodded when I said that. "I'm crazy for you too. Now, keep eating before I have to leave." I nodded and agreed with him before grabbing my plate. "Do you think you are going to be able to come up here and have lunch or supper with us? Or are you going to eat with the house?" Matt then smiled. "I'll come upstairs."

I was actually not expecting that answer so, I was a bit shocked when Matt said that. "Really?" Matt nodded and smiled. "I am not going to eat downstairs. Heck, we are not doing community eating right now because of COVID. They are going to be eating separately for the time being so that COVID doesn't spread in the house." I smiled when he said that. "You have no idea how much I appreciate that. I was worried that this place was going to become a super spreader."

Matt nodded when I said that. "Believe me Gabby, I am not going to let that happen here. We are getting further along in the pregnancy and I want to meet the babies so bad. By the way, you like the nurseries right? I can always change them." I nodded when he said that. "Listen, you just concentrate on your day job today okay? You are the Chief of Firehouse 71 today and you are going to do a great job." Matt smiled when I said that before going to kiss me again. "I love you and I definitely am glad we had a bit of fun last night." I smiled when he said that and nodded.

"Keep it appropriate for Louie please." Matt nodded and agreed, smiling at us both.