Chapter 423

Jay's POV: After arriving at the district with Erin, I smiled as I went to help her out of the truck so that we could go into the district together. That's when I saw Platt at the door. "Chuckles, Sergeant." I then laughed when she said that. "Platt, a little more respect please. My wife is now your equal and technically...I am almost of same rank as you." Platt was confused when I said that. "Uhm, how is that?" I then went to point at my military badges. "Please do not discount my military service by calling me Chuckles." That's when me and Erin went to walk in the district.

However, Platt wasn't letting us through. "Uhm, where do you think you are going with that pet of yours Halstead?" I then looked at her when she said that. "Pet? You think he's a pet!" Platt nodded. "Yeah, that's what dogs are." I then sighed and looked at Champ. "Platt, you remember how I served in Afghanistan right?" She nodded. "Yeah, military badges." I then went to look at Champ. "Well you see, I have PTSD...and that's why I got Champ. So Champ is not a pet. He is a emotional service dog with specialized training to recognize PTSD in veterans."

Erin then walked up to me and went to wrap her arms around my, putting her hand on my chest. Meanwhile, I wrapped my arm around her and put my hand on her hip. "Platt, he isn't kidding. Champ does a lot for him. He stopped him from having a really bad dream last night. He almost hit my bump." I then turned to look at her when she said that. "What?" Erin then looked at me. "Jay, not now." I then stopped her and went to turn so we were facing each other. "Platt, I am bringing Champ into the district as he is my service dog. Right now, I am talking to Erin."

Platt nodded when I said that before looking at the vest. "I am sorry about that Halstead." I nodded and looked at her. "When we are back after the pandemic, I do not want this to happen again. Now, can you stall the superintendent while I talk to Erin?" Platt nodded and agreed with me as she made her way into the district. Looking at Erin, I sighed and just moved my arm around her. "Erin, please don't lie to me. Did I almost hit you baby bump last night?" Erin sighed when I said that and nodded. "Yeah, it wasn't your ring hand though so it wasn't as bad."

I then sighed and just looked into her eyes. "Ring hand or not...me hitting your stomach with my hand is not something with want to ever hear about. Nor do I want you to dismiss it. Erin, if one of my PTSD episodes caused us to loose one of the babies...I could never forgive myself. Please babe, you need to tell me if that happens." Erin sighed and nodded as she went to put her hand on my neck. Leaning her forehead against mine, she went to kiss me softly. "I love you." I smiled when she said that. "I love you too. And that is why we got Champ, so I don't hurt you."

Erin nodded when I said that before grabbing the back of my head. "I know Jay and I promise that I am going to be much more open from now on if it ever happens." I smiled when she said that before going to kiss her softly. Taking it slow with her, I smiled as we just stood there for a minute. And honestly, I didn't care if we were a little late to the breakfast we were having with the Superintendent. Me taking it slow with Erin and making her feel better was always going to come first. She is my wife and the love of my life after all.