Chapter 86.

Amber's POV.

As the day went by and Connor went further and further away from me, I could hear my wolf letting out noises of distress. We were next to him. He was with us and now he's gone again.

I wish I knew how to soothe her, but it's not like I can mind link Connor. I still can't feel him. The only thing I can feel from him is that he's alive.

So to try and soothe her, I went and grabbed another one of Connor's old shirts and am wearing that today.  It seems to have calmed her some. Thankfully.

I'm currently sitting in the Alpha's office going over what all will happen tomorrow. The others Alpha's will be coming to talk to me. I'll have to prepare a meal for them and all.

Gosh, I really don't want to deal with all this stress right now I don't have a choice though. I have to remain strong, not only for me, but for Connor and my pack as well.

I don't even know what I'm going to ask them. How am I supposed to phrase these questions without letting on that I already know? I never imagined this is how my life would go.

Heck, I wasn't expecting to meet mate for a long while. I just figured it would happen one day and that be that. All this has happened in such a short amount of time.

It's insane. A couple months ago I was just focusing on finishing school and following my fathers rules. Now I'm a Luna who has a mate that doesn't even know who I am.

I wish I could tell him everything and see if it jogs his memory. He's got to remember on his own though. He's a Blue Eyed Healer. His mind is slowly healing itself. He always healed faster. I guess that's just part of his powers.

I wish I had the healing powers. I could use them to heal him. I guess waiting will be all I can do. John mind linked me about a hour ago. He said there are four hours from arriving.

That's good. Connor's been well behaved. It means a lot to me that he isn't causing a ton of trouble. He will never know that, but it still means a lot.

I let out a sigh. My wolf is letting out whines of distress again. I stand up and started walking. I exit my office and head down the hall towards the steps. I walk down the steps and head towards the kitchen.

Might as well get a small snack. Can't hurt to eat a little. I haven't had much of an appetite lately. I've been eating though for my own health and for my pack. They need means I'm no good to them if I'm starving myself.

I walk into the kitchen to see Tasha sitting there. She looked upset. A bowl of salsa in front of her and a bag of chips as well. She want eating though. I know she's missing Clayton.

I walk over and take a seat across from her. Her eyes look over at me. I offer a smile and I see her face light up a bit.

" How do you do it Amber? " she asked.

I help myself to some chips and dip them in the salsa which was thankfully still cold. " Being without my mate?" I ask. She nods in response. I sigh. ' I'm honestly not sure. I'm really struggling right now. My wolf won't stop crying. I came in here to distract myself. Being with you guys helps. "

She nods. " Connor seemed more relaxed when you sent him off. That was his sweatshirt wasn't it?" She asked.

I smiled. " Yeah it was. It was the one I've been wearing every night since I got here. "

Her eyes widen. " That's why he was so calm. It had your scent in it and he had no idea. " she said.

I let out a small laugh. " Yes exactly. Scents can sure jog a memory sometimes. I figured I'd give him that and see if his mind awakens on its own. " I say.

Tasha sits back with her arms crossed. She's grinning and shakes her head a little. " Amazing Amber. I don't know how you do it. " she said.

" Me either. " I say eating a few more chips. She giggles and joins me with eating. My wolf seems to have quieted down to whimpers. She always did like being around Tasha.

There's a reason we always got along so well. Both our wolves know it. I don't know what I'd do without her.

Together the two of us finish the salsa and put the chips up. We then head out onto the deck together. There were some rocking chairs.

We sit and relax a little. The wind gently blew by and it felt great. I look at Tasha suddenly. " Want to go for a run?" I ask.

She looks at me surprised. " Right now? " she asks.

I nod. " We just sat down though. " she said.

" So? Don't tell me the thought of a run doesn't have your wolf itching to be set free?" I say.

She lets out a laugh. " You're on. Let's do this. " she said.

I send a quick mind link to Alpha Conan to let him know what we're doing and that we will be back soon. The two of us then take off running to the forest.

We get behind trees and quickly remove our clothes before shifting into our wolves and taking off running.

I've never ran on these grounds before. This'll be fun to explore. My best friend and I, just running and enjoying the feeling of being free for a bit.

This is something we both need. Way up ahead I see a small creek. ' Race you to the creek. " I say.

' You're on girl. ' she relies. I can feel the laughter from bother of us and with that we take off.

Comment and vote.

A/N. Hey guys. Hope you enjoyed this little chapter. Not sure who's POV I'll do next. Let me know who's you want to see. Until then :-).