Chapter 38.

Amber's POV.

We were laughing and enjoying ourselves in the kitchen while we ate.

I was enjoying getting to know Clayton's mother. She was so kind a sweet. Reminded me of my mother.

I open my mouth to say something when all of a sudden I can feel him. Connor.

' Amber!!' I head him cry over mind link.

How is this possible? I was so startled by this that I dropped the mug of coffee I was holding and it shattered when it hit the ground.

I stand frozen, unable to move. Everyone around me goes silent and looks at me.

' Connor?' I ask.

His reply is instant and rushed. ' Amber. I don't have much time. I wanted to hear your voice one last time. ' he says back.

Panic fills me. One last time? What does he mean. I try feeling around in his mind, but he's blocking me out completely. I can't feel anything he's feeling. I can't read his mind to find it where he is. Nothing.

Sadness fills me when I realize this. ' Connor your not making any sense. I can't read your mind. What's going on?' I ask him.

' I'm blocking you from feeling the pain. You can't know anything or he will kill you. I need to know Amber. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. ' he says.

He's confusing me more and more. I'm so zoned out that I don't see everyone looking at me and asking me questions.

I don't even realize I'm crying. ' Connor?'

' Amber, will you marry me?' He Asks.

I know the answer already. ' Yes Connor. Yes I will. I love you so much. Please stay strong for me. Yes!' I cry.

' Always. I love you too. Forever and always. ' and just like that he's gone again. Like he was never there to begin with.

My knees give out and I have to grab to counter to steady myself. Tasha is around the counter now helping me to sit.

My eyes are wide and tears are pouring down my face. Without another word I grab the ring on my right hand and move it to my ring finger on my left.

They all stare confused. " It was Connor. He just spoke to me. " I breath.  I'm barely able to get the words out because I'm breathing so heavily.

" What did he say?" Asks Alpha Conan.

" He couldn't tell me anything. I couldn't read his mind either. Says the Boss Rogue said he would kill me if he did. " I say.

" Amber. Why did you move the ring?" Asks Tasha.

" He's asked me to marry him. " I say.

Gasps were heard. " You said yes!!" Cried Tasha.

I merely nodded in reply. I'm slowly calming down. I put my head in my hands.

" Why is this happening? " I say.

" I don't know Amber. " whispered Tasha next to me and she ran a comforting hand down my back.

I lean into her touch. She pulls a chair next to me, sits and hugs me to her. I simply let her. I need the comfort right now.

The tears have stopped, but the feeling of dread is back. This is supposed to be a joyous occasion. When the one you love proposes to you. I can't even enjoy it right now, because he isn't here.

He said one last time. He wanted to hear my voice one last time. What does that mean? The Boss Rogue won't kill him. If he was going to do that he would have already.

No, he has bigger things planned. Worse things. Connor did this for a reason. Maybe it was just to hear my voice, or maybe he wanted to warn me about something. Gosh I don't know.

My mind feels numb from all this thinking and crying. I've had enough of crying. This is so stupid. Why did this happen? What was the point?

The Boss Rogue already got his revenge of Alpha Conan. Why does he feel he needs to do it again? I makes no sense!!

Alpha Conan is sitting down now, most likely reeling at what he just heard. He looks so lost in thought and had his head in one hand.

I then sit up and wipe my eyes. " Ok, I think I'm officially sick of crying. " I snap.

That earned a small laugh from everyone. " Enough, I'll be strong for him. I'm done wallowing I'm self pity. It's time I take change and start searching for him. Let's get to this pack meeting and get the change done with so we can start the search. " I say.

" I couldn't agree more Amber. " says Alpha Conan standing up.

He held his hand out to me. I took it and allowed him to help me up. He then did the same with Tasha. She thanked him and went to join Clayton.

The five of us left and started to make our way to the middle of the pack. Everyone was slowly starting to fill in.

The entirety of the pack was working its way here. They made room for us as we walked by and slowly made our way to the stage.

We climbed up the stairs and met Bète Marcus and Clayton's father there. We greeted them.

We updated them on what just happened and they nodded in reply to it.

As the pack started to fill in more, I could see there were a lot of scared people here.

They looked terrified. I guess Alpha Conan wasn't a very kind Alpha when I was controlled by the Wolf Bane.

Well, there is no I guess. I know it. He did start that pack war after all. I'm glad that's all settled.

It was a beautiful day outside though. The trees were changing color. The sun was shinning and there wasn't a dark cloud to be seen. It looked a lot better from last night.

Finally the entire pack was here and Alpha Conan walked up.

" Hello everyone. Lets call this meeting to order. "

Comment and vote.

A/N. Hey guys. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. The next chapter will be in Amber's POV again. Until then :-)