Chapter 4.

Amber's POV.

When I wake up I'm in my room. It's early morning now. My mother must have taken me home last night. The room smells like Connor.

His scent is everywhere. I turn over and grab the pillow he slept on and pull it closer to me, burying my face in his scent. I miss him, so much.

I need to help with everything going on. It will do me no good to just sit here and wallow in sadness.

I get up and go to my dresser. I pull out some jeans, a plain blue shirt and a sweatshirt. It gets a bit chilly out there. Mainly at night. Best to be prepared.

I head to the bathroom and walk in. I take off what I was wearing and quickly hop in the shower. I enjoy the hot stream of water as I falls onto my back.

After I wash my hair and body I hop out and dry off. I shut the water off and quickly get dressed.

I comb my hair and put it in a pony tail. I don't bother drying it. I then walk out and grab a pair of socks. I slip them on and find a nice pair of boots I don't mind getting dirty.

I then head downstairs. My mother is sitting at the table. She smiles at me. I walk up and sit down with her. She slides a plate over to me containing a few brownies.

I smile. " Really, brownies for breakfast? Not that I'm complaining. " I say.

She laughs. " Thought it might cheer you up some. "

" You always know what to do. " I say grabbing the first and taking a bite.

She smiled. " As a mother should. "

She really is the best mother ever. I quickly eat my food and then get up. " Where are you heading?" She asks.

" To the pack house. I want to help out anyway I can. " I say.

" That's my girl. I'll bring you lunch soon. Grab some coffee before you leave. " she says.

I nod in response. I get me a Togo mug and pour myself some coffee before I head over to my mother and hug her goodbye. She kisses my cheek.

" Be sting and stay safe. " she says.

" I will. Love you. " I say.

" Love you too Amber. " she says.

I then turn and leave the house. I take my time walking to the pack house. Half way there I hear a yell.

I turn and look. It's Tasha. She's running to catch up with me. Once she does she grabs me in a hug.

" Watch out for the coffee. " I say.

She laughs. " What no hi?"

I sigh and roll my eyes. I give her a smile. " Fine. Hello Tasha. How are you?" I say.

She grins. " As good as I can be. What are you doing out this early?" She asks.

" I'm heading to the pack house. I'm going to do what I can to help. " I say.

" Then I'm coming with you. " she says.

" Awesome. " I say.

The two of us start walking again. She then reaches over and snatched my coffee cup from my hand. " Hey!" I say.

She smirks and takes a sip. Not the first time she's done this and it definitely won't be the last.

She then passed it back over. " Mmm that's some good coffee. "

" I know. " I say. We soon make it to the pack house and walk in. People are everywhere, rushing back and forth with things to do.

I've never seen the pack house this busy. I head over to the Alpha's office. He's not the only Alpha there.

" Alpha Kurt, May I speak to you?" I ask.

He looks up at me. " Yes, come on in. " he says.

Tasha and I walk in. " What can I help you with?" He asks.

" I want to help with the investigation in Alpha George's murder and Connor's disappearance. " I say.

He smiles. " I knew you'd want to help and I'm guessing Tasha wants to as well?" He says.

" Yes Alpha. " she says.

" Good. We're about to go out and search the woods for anything. You guys will join us. " says Kurt.

" We already have many guards surrounding ever inch of this packs border. No one gets in or out without us knowing. " says Alpha Grace.

I nod. " We are also going to do a pack wide search of every home here. Someone has to have known something. There's no way someone got in this pack without someone knowing. " says Kurt.

" You think there's a traitor among us here?" I ask.

" I would like to say no, but I can't. No gun or silver in the form of a bullet has ever made it into this pack. Someone had to have let them in somehow. " says Kurt.

I nod again. " I sure hope no one ends up being a traitor or spy or anything else. " says Kurt.

He goes back to looking at the map or the pack he was looking at.

" Ok, Alpha Grace, You Nd your guards will search the west side of the pack. Alpha Benjamin, you got the east side. Alpha Lucas, the north. Alpha Conan, the south. I will search in the woods with my guards in the middle. Do not leave any stone unturned. I want every inch of this pack searched through. If we don't find anything, we try again tomorrow. We keep on until we have something. " says Kurt.

We all nod. " Yes Alpha. " they said.

" Amber and Tasha. You two will be on different teams. I hope that's ok?" He asks.

We nod in response. " I would like for Amber to be with me. " says Alpha Conan. " I would like to get to know my sons mate more. "

" Very well. Amber your with Alpha Conan. John will be with Alpha Grace once he gets here. Bète Rick will be with me. Clayton will be with Alpha Benjamin and Cassandra with Alpha Lucas. " says Kurt.

I didn't notice Cassandra and Clayton were already here. They were standing quietly in the corner of the room.

They waved. I smiled at them. After a few minutes John showed up. " Well, lets get to work. " says Kurt.

" Yes Alpha. " and with that we all went outside and got to our groups. We then shifted and took off towards the woods.

Comment and vote.

A/N. Hey guys. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I hope you guys have enjoyed the book so far. I will update again soon. The next chapter will be in Amber's POV. Until then :-)