Chapter 53.

John's POV.

Man this night sucks. After Alpha Grace left I tried to watch tv. Sadly, there wasn't a dang thing on.

So I tried sleeping instead. Yet again, no luck there. I know the meeting is going down now. I wish I could be there.

I should be there. If only that stupid human wouldn't have wounded me so bad I would be right there with them.

I don't feel useful anymore. I know it hasn't been long since I got hurt, but between getting hurt and my rejection of Amelia. It just doesn't feel right for me to be here.

Maybe I just need to take a trip by myself when this is all over. Relax and figure things out. Yeah, that would be nice.

I just need some time away. Maybe stay in a human town, try to live like they do for a while.

Just to take a break away from the stress of being a werewolf. I could be human for once.

Suddenly I get a strong smell. My eyes snapped open. Smells like.... oh no!!

I jump off the couch and take off to the back door. I freeze though as I look out. There are explosives lining the ground around the house. Crap no!!

Yeah, I really need a break from this.

I take off up the steps and into my room. I go straight to my closet and bring out a crate that has a lock on it.

I don't have time to fight this lock so I grab it and use my werewolf strength to rip it off.

The kid comes off with it and right now I'm to worked up to care. I reach in and grab a few things.

My mother happens to be at the pack house right now. I am very thankful for that, because as of now I am hearing a fuse going off.

I only have a few more seconds. I stuff everything into a back pack and throw it on my back.

I then get a running start and take off to the window. Just as the explosives go off and the first floor of my house is blown away, I shift into my wolf and burst through the window of my room on the second floor.

I manage to stick the landing, though my hurt paw buckled and I help in pain as I roll.

I get up and take off running towards the pack house. That's the safest place. I'm not as fast as I usually am since I'm only running with three legs.

That's when I hear the gun shots. We don't have guns here. We're under attack. Those stupid humans are attacking us!!!

As I get closer to the pack house I spot the attackers. Crap, ok so it's not humans.

Rogues, human and wolf are attacking my pack. Some houses are burning to the ground.

Some guards are laying on the ground either wounded or dead. Alpha Grace is on a rampage.

She's taking out rogues one by one. I growl in anger and take off to help. I tackle a rogue that was behind her and we go rolling.

I don't waste a second before I sink my teeth in and rip his throat out. That kills him easily.

I then lunge at the next rogue. My adrenaline is pumping and all I can hear is the sound of my heart beat in my ears.

My werewolf senses are at an all time high and I'm a freakin' killing machine. Mowing down rogue after rogue. They can't even land a hit on me. Not even a bite. Nothing.

How did these rogues even get into our pack? I thought we had this place well guarded?

Must be something the Boss Rogue came up with. Why are they here though?

They must be after something. My eyes widen and then narrow in anger. No not something, someone.

I look at Alpha Grace. She merely nods and I take off running to the pack prison. Pure rage is flowing through me.

Amelia will not leave this pack let alone the prison. I'll make sure of that. I take down any rogue that crosses my path on the way to the prison.

Sure enough the door is wide open. The halls filled with rogues. I roar in anger and rush down the halls.

Killing every rogue I see. They didn't even stand a chance. They must know which floor she's on.

Suddenly though a hand reaches out of a cell and grabs my neck. I'm lifted off my feet and my paws flys randomly trying to find the ground again.

My hurt paw is grabbed and I'm slammed into the wall. " Shift now Pup!!" Ordered a voice.

There is so much power in that order I have no choice. I whine as I shift back. My good hand going to grab the one around my throat.

That's when I see who it is and pure terror flares through me. " You must be Amber's brother. We didn't officially meet last time I saw you. I'm Fenris. " he growled.

I can't breath or say anything. " Don't worry. I won't kill you. We just need to take care of a loose end here. " he said.

My eyes widen. No, their going to kill Amelia. Yes I rejected her, but I still care for her.

He smirks. " Aww poor little John. You never fully rejected her did you. " he said.

I looked confused. " You care for her to much. You love her. It's too late now though. " he said.

Just as he said that I feel a major tear through my body. It feels even worse then it did when I found out she betrayed me.

Then rogues go flying out of the prison. " It has been done sir. " says a rogue.

" Better go say your goodbyes John. We will see each other again. Real soon. " he then dropped me and left.

I hit the ground hard and gasp in for breath. I start coughing and trying hard to get air back into my lungs.

As I do this I stand up and stumble down the few floors until I make it to her cell.

The bars were ripped apart. There she was, laying on her back. A huge tear in her throat.

Blood was pooling around her. I then notice her chest was still moving a little. I rush over to her and lift her head up.

She looks at me. Tears were trailing down her face. She was smiling though. " Hang on Amelia. I'll get you help. " I beg.

She can't die. She can't. She just can't. She merely shakes her head as gently as she can. I press my hand into the wound to try and stop the bleeding.

She reaches up and takes my hand. I look at her. ' I'm sorry I f-failed you John. I.... I want you to know. I l-love y.... you. ' she says in my mind.

I know I shouldn't be so worked up about this. She betrayed me and I rejected her. I shouldn't be so upset, but I am. I can feel the tears start to roll down my face.

She just stares at me. " It'll be ok. " I manage to say, to try and reassure her.

She smiles weakly before it fades and her entire body goes limp. I can't help the howl of pain as the last bit of the bond that had been there broke completely.  

When I rejected her the bond didn't break. It just felt like a wall was put up to block everything. Now there's no wall I can put up to block this feeling.

I pull her in closer to my body. Not caring about the blood that was now soaking into my clothes.

Sobs wracked my body and hugged her body tight. My hands gently moving the hair out of her face. I leaned down and kissed her forehead, then closed her eyes.

The Boss Rogue was right. I do love her. Now I'll never get to tell her that. I just sit there for who knows how long, holding her body to me.

Comment and vote.

A/N. Hey guys. I know. I'm on a roll lately lol. Sorry sad chapter. Hope you enjoyed it. No idea who's POV next. I'll update again soon. Until then :-)