Chapter 63.

Kurt's POV.

John has agreed to leave. I'll admit, I was a bit upset when Alpha Grace came to me about the offer.

However, the more I thought about it, the more it seemed like this was the best option for him.

I'll miss him for sure, he's my best friend after all, but he deserves happiness and of being away from this pack brings him that happiness. I'm all for it.

Today we are burying Amelia. John is going to be there. The humans have gone back home and we have set up more protection around this pack.

David said he has a few things he wants to give us and that he would be driving here later today.

Not sure what he means by driving, but I agreed. I guess it's a way of transport for humans since they can't turn into a wolf.

Soon as the hours tick by the funeral has begun. As they bring the casket out I look at John.

It's set down in front of the hole that was dug for her grave. He walks forward and opens the lid. I see tears rolling down his face. He reaches in and runs a hand over her cheek before stepping back and closing the lid for the final time.

Once the casket is in the ground John steps forward and takes a shovel. He puts the first shovel full of dirt in before he can barely hold himself up anymore.

Surprisingly it's Alpha Grace who comes to help him. She takes his hands and together they put more dirt down.

Finally she takes the shovel from him and a guard takes it from her. They continue to fill the hole with dirt again.

Alpha Grace leads John over to his family and his mother takes him into her arms.

John is sobbing now. I feel my eyes sting with tears at the sight of my best friends pain.

Then I feel the comforting hand of Cassandra on my shoulder. I just move my hand up and place it on top of hers.

After everything is said and done, John placed some flowers on her grave before turning and being led away by his parents.

Later I'm sitting in my office going over some pack paper work. It's just reports we have to do when there's a death or a funeral.

It's boring yes, but it's a part of being an Alpha. Once I finish I stand up and head to the kitchen to get something to eat. I haven't eaten all day and now my stomach is making me lay for it.

I walk in and being out some bread, peanut butter and jelly. Can't go wrong with a classic PB&J sandwich.

After I finish making it I sit down and start eating. We did Amelia's funeral and different way the. How we normally bury pack members.

She was a rogue and a spun the only reason she was buried in the grave sight for pack members was because she was John's mate.

Normally when we have bodies of rogues we take the bodies to a field a bit always from the pack and burn them.

I know a lot of pack members feel I should have burned her body, but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Man, things are so messed up right now.

I finish eating and out everything up in the sink. Here in the pack house we have the big kitchen we use for pack parties and pack dinners. We also have a personal kitchen specifically designed for the Alpha and his family.

I leave that kitchen and head to the main floor. That's when an idea comes to mind.

Dad used to hold pack dinners. We haven't had one of those in a long time.
I start to grin as I think about this. People would enjoy it. It is kinda spur of the moment, but I think one last meal with the entire pack would do John some good.

With that I run to the cooks in the kitchen. They look at me in surprise. " What would it take to have a pack meal made for tonight? Can it be done?" I ask.

I know this is a good idea when I see their faces turn up in beaming smiles. " Yes Alpha, it can be done. " says the head cook.

" Tonight?" I ask. They all nod furiously.

" We will get to work right away. " says one of the girls.

" Great. Thank you so much. " I say.

They just laugh and start getting to work. I then head out into the main area. I stop and send out a pack mind link.

' Hello everyone. I have a special announcement. I know it's kind of spur of the moment, but I am having a pack dinner here tonight. If you can come, please do. If not, I understand. I look forward to it and hope to see you there. Dress anyway you'd like. ' I say.

I don't hear anything back, but I do feel the atmosphere change in the pack. As the Alpha, I can feel what a lot of my pack members feel.

The fear, stress, anger, and all the joy and sadness. So I can feel it now and it feels good.

Suddenly, the pack house is in a buzz. People running back and forth. All talking excitedly to one another.

Grins were on every face and I knew I'd done well. Dad would love this. I wish he could see this right now.

I look up the steps and see my mom and Cassandra. They are standing there smiling at me with looks of love. My mom is proud. I can see it in her eyes. She has tears rolling down her face, yet she is grinning ear to ear. Practically beaming.

Cassandra nods at me and they start to walk down to me. Yeah, tonight is what we needs.

Looking at the two most important people in my life, seeing their happiness makes me think, yeah, we're going to be alright.

Comment and vote.

A/N. Hey guys. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm shocked I managed to get it out today. It's been a very bad day filled with anger, anxiety and panic attacks. Now I'm just left feeling down. That won't stop me from writing though. I am ok. I hope you all had a good day. Not sure who's POV next. If there's one you want to see. Let me know. Until then  :-)