Chapter 9.

John's POV.

It pretty cool to get to work with Alpha Grace today. I wish it were under different circumstance though.

She was very kind and she was impressed by how I already knew everything I needed to know about searching the pack grounds.

I had to join my father and Alpha George a few times when we were looking for Connor. We never told anyone we searched for them like that, but it didn't matter because we never crossed paths with Connor or even showed up around the area he was at.

As I left the pack house I felt exhausted, both emotionally and physically.

I headed home to see my mate. Amelia is so perfect. I haven't seen her much over the past few day, mainly because I've been busy.

I want to make it up to her tonight. Only if she wants to go out. I want to take her to my favorite area in the pack.

After a few minutes of walking I could swear I saw amber running off into the woods beside the house.

Poor Amber. I hate that all this has to happen. She didn't deserve this. Neither did Connor. They were just trying to free Connor. They finally got it and then all this crap happens.

I'd hate to think of what Connor may be going through right now. I sure hope he isn't in any kind of pain.

Whoever took him will pay dearly for hurting and taking my sisters mate. I walk to the front door and just as I'm about to open the door Alpha Kurt sends out his mind link about searching every house omg he pack.

He was clear about nobody having an option about having their houses searched. Good.

I walk into the house then. " Amelia, Mom, I'm home. " I say.

My mom comes around the corner and smiles at me. " Good. I'm glad your safe. How was your day?" She asked.

She's been more worried about us ever since this stuff happened. " My day was ok. We went searching through the pack grounds today. I was with Alpha Grace and her team. " I said.

" Good. Did you find anything?" She asks.

I just shake my head. " No, none of us found anything. " I say.

" I see, well come, you must be hungry. " she says trying to brighten the mood a little.

I smile and follow her. " Where's Amelia?" I ask.

" I'm not sure. I thought she was with you. She rushed out of the door the second before you walked in. " says my mom.

I look at her with a confused look. " I wonder where she could be then. " I say.

" Don't worry. She'll show back up. Here I made you for leftovers from dinner. " she said.

She had made pancakes, eggs and bacon. Sounds perfect to me. Nothing like breakfast for dinner.

" Thanks mom. " I say.

" You know amber's in the woods at Connor's area again. " I say.

" I had a feeling that's where she would go. I've been over there. Connor's scents is everywhere. It makes her feel close to him. I'd do the same if your father ever went missing. " says my mom.

She sets the food back in the fridge, then she turns to me. " Amber's a fighter though. She made it through the Boss Rogue and a pack war. She can make t through this. I know she can. I believe in her. " says my mother.

" I believe in her too. Amber's strong, plus she has all of us to help her through this. " I say.

My mother nods and looks out the back door that heading to the spot Amber is at.

I continue to eat and man does this food taste good. My mother sure knows how to cook. Amber's just like her though when it comes to cooking. No offense to my father, but I took after him with his cooking skills.

Amber's got to show me how to cook more. I at least know how to make simple stuff like eggs and grits. Maybe even rice at times.

Once I'm done my mother grabs the plate before I can go out it up and starts on the dishes. Without a word I get up and start to help her.

It's not much, but I figured she would want the company. After a bit the door opens and my father walks  we just nod at each tower and he walks upstairs.

" Your fathers taking Alpha George's death really hard. He blames himself. " says my mother.

" Why? There's was nothing he could have done to prevent that. No one saw it coming. " I say.

" No, but he wishes he could have seen it, wishes he could have prevented it. Alpha George was your fathers first true friend. Someone who stuck by his side no matter what happened. Sure they got mad at each other and every now and then Alpha George has to put him in his place. He still meant the world to your father. " says my mom.

" Alpha George has to do that?" I asked.

She chuckled. " A few times. Your father either raised his voice against him or did something Alpha George ordered him not to. They weren't bad punishments either. He just talked to him later and said he was disappointed in him. Your father hated when he said that so he always did all he could to be the best Bète he could be. " says my mother.

I smiled. They had a different kind of relationship as Bète and Alpha. Sure they had the roles right, but their friendship was more then that.

They were like true brothers and I always loved seeing them work together. My mother left upstairs to check on my father.

I sat down and waited for Amelia. Where on earth could she be. My parents came down later to say good night and at sometimes in the night Amber ended up showing up.

I had apparently fallen asleep on the couch, cause when I woke Amelia was asleep, curled up on the chair across from me.

Good, she made it home safe. I'll have to ask her where she went. For now though, I'm going to let her rest, and with that I feel back asleep.

Comment and vote.

A/N. Hey guys. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. The next one will be updated soon. Let me know who's POV you want. Until then.