Chapter 2.

Kurt's POV.

This is the worst feeling I could ever imagine. Standing in the graveyard overlooking my fathers grave.

I feel nothing, but sadness and pure rage. Rage towards whoever did this. My mother is next to me and she's trying to be strong for me. I can tell, but she doesn't need to be. She just lost her mate.

I wrap my arm around her and pulled her closer to me, letting her know it's ok for her to break down if she needs to.

She turns her face into my shirt and starts sobbing. Heading here screams when he died was the worst thing I have ever heard. I've never heard my mother scream before.

I feel the silver bullet in my breast pocket of the suit I'm wearing. It's like it is weighing it down.

After we moved his body and got the bullet out, I couldn't believe it was silver. No wolf has ever been killed by a silver bullet, let alone a gun. We don't use guns. We can transform into a wolf for Pete sake. What would we need a gun for?!!

Amber is just as distraught, I can tell. Connor is missing, the person who killed my father must have taken him. This is a murder and a kidnapping.

Whenever this person is found, I will kill him myself. After we paid our respects to my father Cassandra brings forth roses. We take one each to set them on his grave. I am supporting most of my mothers weight as we walk over to the grave and she sets the first one down and I set the next one. Cassandra then follows and does the same.

We then turn and head back to the pack house. Once we're there I lead my mother upstairs and help her into her bed. She doesn't even want to change. She just wants to be alone.

I make sure they are several guards at her door before I turn and leave. I head to the Alpha's office, my office.

I walk in and sit down in the seat. Cassandra closes the door behind her. " We will find whoever did this." Is what she says.

I don't respond. I just press my hand to the bridge of my nose and shut my eyes tightly. This is insane and cruel.

" I'm sorry about the loss of your father Kurt. Just know, I will always be here for you. No mater what. " says Cassandra.

I remove my hand and look at my wonderful mate. " Thank you Cassandra. " I say.

She walks over and reached into my breast pocket. She pulls out the bullet. " Do you have anywhere to set this, that isn't on your person?"  She asks.

I open the drawer to my right and pull out a small box. My father used this for old coins he found. He liked finding them sometimes. He moved them a while ago so the box is now empty.

I opened it and she set the bullet inside. She didn't even wince when touching the silver with her bare hand.

She then closed the box and set it back inside the drawer. I then closed it.

" We have a lot of work to do. We will give everyone two hours to pay their respects to Alpha George. Then we need to get guards everywhere in this pack. There needs to be a pack wide investigation. " says Cassandra.

I nod in response because I know she's right. She sighs and stands up before sitting on my lap. She pull my head towards her body and hugs me.

I feel the warmth of her. It's very comforting. I love this woman so much. " We need to find Connor as well. He's our main witness to this. " I say.

" I know. We will find him soon enough. Connor's strong. For now, I want you to relax and breath. " she says.

I nod and do as she asked. We sit there for about a hour before she moves and walks out without a word.

I sit there co fused before she walks back on a few minutes later with two cups of coffee on a tray that is also containing some cookies.

She sets it down on the desk. " We got a long night ahead. Let's enjoy it while we can. " she says.

I nod and the two of us eat the cookies and enjoy the coffee. I feel numb now. It's almost like I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel right now.

After the next hour I head to the pack meeting room while Cassandra goes to check on my mother.

I walk in and see every Alpha is already there waiting for me. As is Bète Rick and Bète Marcus.

I walk and sit in the Alpha's seat. They then sit down and everything is silent.

" I know you each have your own pack to run. I thank you for being here when we needed you, you all can go to your packs when you need to. If you choose to stay then you are welcome. " I say.

" I'm staying. Alpha George meant a lot to me and my pack. It's only right that I help with this investigation. " Says Alpha Benjamin.

I smile, he's always been a good friend. " I will stay for as long as you need me. " says Alpha Grace.

I nod in response. " as much as I want to help I need to return to my pack, but I will always be a call away. " says Alpha Ronan.

I nod again. " I can stay for a while. My Bète has everything under control at my pack. I would like to help. " says Alpha Lucas.

" I still have a lot I need to do at my pack. I will help anyway I can from my pack. " says Alpha Anthony.

I nod in response. I then look at Alpha Conan. " I must return to my pack soon, but I can stay for the week and help to find out who killed your father and who took my son. " says Alpha Conan.

I nod and stand up. " Thank you for your help Alpha Ronan and Alpha Anthony. Your help is greatly appreciated. As for the rest of you. We got a murder and kidnapping to solve. Let's get to work. "

Comment and vote

A/N. Hey guys. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. The next chapter will be in Connor's POV. Until then :-).