Chapter 57.

Bète Rick's POV.

( A few hours earlier. )

When I heard what was going on, my first instinct was to run and protect my son.

I stuck by my Alpha's side though. We ran into the town and started to kill the rogues we saw.

There was guards attacking them, Alpha Grace was as well. There was even some pack members that had left the safety of their houses to help protect our pack.

It's times like this that really makes me love this pack. Alpha Grace suddenly looks at me and sends an image into my head.

It was of my son running into the pack prison. I quickly looked at Kurt. He simply nodded and I took off to go get my son.

However, as I made it there I saw a sight that horrified me. Fenris was leaving the packs prison with a bunch of rogues.

He looked over at me and smirked. I stood frozen. Not knowing what to do. This is the man that took my daughters mate, the man that hurt my daughter to get back at me. The man that used to be my best friend. The man I let down long ago.

I couldn't do anything right now. He nodded to his rogues before walking towards me. I shifted to my human form in order to speak to him.

As he walked over to me I couldn't do anything, but stare at him. He stopped about five feet in front of me. His hands behind his back.

" It's good to see you Rick. " was all he said.

" Fenris," I say. He tilts his head to the side. " this has to stop. It's not to late to turn back. "

He starts to laugh. " I seriously doubt that. " says Fenris.

" I don't. Yes you have done horrible things, but you can turn back. Start doing some good to make up for the bad. I know I've made some bad mistake too, but we...."

He holds up his hand and I stop talking. " No mistake that I made could be worse then the one you and Conan did to me. Nothing can make up for that. " he says.

I feel deep regret about that. " I know and believe me, I feel terrible that I did nothing to help. I'm so sorry. I wish I could go back and change it, but I can't. Fenris please, we can change this. " I say.

He looks down and sighs. " I know, this won't change my mind though. " he says.

" I know. " I say.

He looked back up at me. " Connor is alive and healthy. I can let you know that. " he says.

I nod. " Thank you. " I say.

He turns to leave. " We will finish this one day Rick. Also, you may want to go to your son. He's with Amelia. " he then shifts and runs away.

Panic fills me and I take off to the prison and run down the steps towards Amelia's cell.

When I reach it I freeze and stare. Sadness fills me. There is my son holding the body of his dead mate in his arms. Sobbing his heart out and soaked in her blood.

I step forward and get down by him. ' The pack is clear. ' says Kurt over mind link.

' Send people to come collect Amelia. She is dead. I'm taking my son home. ' I say back.

He doesn't respond, but I feel his sadness for John. I place my hand on my sons shoulder and seconds later I have my arms full of my crying son.

He had set her down. I learned over and closed her eyes. I then pick my son up and slowly start to walk him out of the pack prison.

I then start to walk him towards our house. I can tell people are staring at us, but I don't care.

My sons well being is my top priority. He's got his head buried in my shoulder. As we make it home. My mate opens the door and right away we take him in. She had managed to get to the house during this.

We take him to the master bathroom and sit him down on the sink. My mate and I start to care for him.

Cleaning him of the blood and tears as his sobs slowly subsided. He then just had a blank stare. He wasn't speaking or even seemed to be aware of our presence.  My mate and I shared a look or sadness for our son.

She went and got him a new shirt and pants. We helped him change and took him to our bed.

We laid him down and laid next to him. Simply just being there for him. That was all we could do at this point.

( Regular time. )

It's now morning and John still hasn't said he word. I'm worried for him. This is so much for one man to bear all at once.

It's just been one hit after another. I found out from Kurt that the humans ended up not leaving. They actually made their way to town and started to take down the rogues with us.

So Kurt made a treaty with them and now we have human allies. They want to see John before they leave to fully apologize to him for the attack.

Which is a nice thing for them to want to do. The talk I had with Fenris will always be in my mind now.

He's gone to far. He went to far a long time ago. He will not get away with this. I will put a stop to this and my sons suffering. No matter what it takes.

Comment and vote.

A/N. Hey guys. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I know, I'm really putting John through the ringer in this story lol. Don't worry. Things will turn out better for him soon. Not sure who's POV to do next. Let me know if there's one you want to see. I will update again soon. Until then. Enjoy. :-).