Chapter 93.

John's POV.

It's early morning and I am currently sitting in the kitchen. I'm eating a bowl of cereal while Alpha Grace is getting ready for the meeting she has today. It's going to be a very important one.

I wish I could do more around the pack, but my injuries are making it almost impossible to do even the simplest of tasks. My hand picked this day to act up. The pain is constant, though not enough to get pain medication for it.

I dreamt about Amelia's death last night. I woke up crying. It was so hard to calm myself down. There had been a knock on my door about two minutes after I woke. It was Alpha Grace.

She had peeked her head in and when she saw the level of distress I was in, she made her way over and pulled me to her. She just held me against her until I managed to calm down. I never said what set me off, I had a feeling she already knew.

I ended up passing out in her arms. When I woke this morning, she was gone and there was a note of my bedside desk. She had stayed with me until she had to get up to start the daily routine for the pack. It was very kind of her to stay with me she didn't have too, yet she did.

I owe her a lot. She's so kind and one of the best Alpha's I have ever met. She's also the strongest woman I've ever met. She made this pack herself and she takes care of all of her pack members as if they were her family.

It's reassuring to see some of the people here,  who have been through what I am going through, make a new life for themselves and recover to an almost normal. It gives me hope that I can do the same. I never imagined this would be my life.

Amelia may have betrayed the pack and betrayed me, but she was still my mate and even though I rejected her, I could still feel our connection. I guess after you reject someone the bond goes away after a while. I didn't have that long. So I still felt the almost complete connection. I guess that's why this has been so hard on me.

I almost feel sometimes like I did the wrong thing with rejecting her. Maybe I did it to quickly. Maybe I should have given her more time to explain and just maybe we could have worked through it. She also did help with the death of Alpha George by planting that gun. Let's not forget the humans she directed to the pack. The ones that injured me so badly.

I have nothing against humans. They're just like us, the only difference is that they don't have a wolf form or the reactions to silver and WolfBane like we do. I'm kinda glad it was me that faced the humans instead of a random pack never. I've been trained for lot of things whereas they haven't. If I hadn't known how to fight, I would've died right then and there.

As I finish my food, I get up and take the bowl to the sink. Normally I would wash it. Only I've been rod not to get my bandages wet. So instead I just set it in the sink.

I need to go change the bandages anyway. I head back to my room and walk in. I walk into the bathroom and remove my shirt first. I since as the stitches pull.

Once I peel away the only bandages I check over the wound. My skin is still a bit red around the edges, but that's likely due to me moving around and pulling them. Unintentionally of course.

It needs to be gently washed and I have a small cream the pack doctor gave me to put on it. It's more like an antibiotic cream to help prevent infection. I take a small wash cloth off the counter and turn the water on. Once I've washed it I gently pat it dry with another wash cloth.

I then open the cream and gently wipe some over the wound. After that I take a fresh bandage and replace it where the only one was covering it. Now that my side wound is taken care of, I start on my wrist.

I do the same thing I did for my side. Only it hurt more since my hand is giving me trouble today. It stings a lot and if I press even the smallest part a bit too hard, horrid pain flashed through me. Not too bad of course, but sometimes it sends a wave of pain so intense I feel nauseous.

The doctor said that was normal in the healing process for my wrist. It sucks yes, but at least it's healing. Once I wrap up my wrist again there's a small knock on my door.

I slip back on my shirt and go to open the door. It's Alpha Grace. She smiles at me. " How are you doing this morning?" She asks.

" Good, wrists giving me a bit of trouble gosh though. " I admit.

She nods. " I see, do you need any pain meds?" She asks.

" No, that's ok. It doesn't hurt that bad. I'll let you know if I do. " I say.

She nods. " Now, I came here to ask you if you would like to sit in of the Alpha meeting?" She asks.

My eyes widen some. " Me, really?" I ask. She nods. " Why?"

" Why not? You are the son of a Bète. My Bète is busy working the pack during this meeting. So I figured I'd ask you to sit in. The other Alpha's doing it over mind link will have their Bète there as a witness. What do you say?" She asks.

I stay shocked for a second. " Count me in. " I say with a small smile.

She grins and the two of us head to her office to prepare, and part of me feels relieved that I can do something to help this pack today.

Comment and vote.

A/N. Hey guys. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry for the really late update. My anxiety has been so bad lately and it's been hard to find time to write. Anyways. Not sure who's POV I'll do next. Let me know who's you want to see. Until next time guys :-)