47. So, how much is 'some'?

"Bebek...finally I found you." He sneaked up behind her and got his face at her neck and inhaled. Then he turned his attention towards Kerem. He nodded at him and greeted him.

"Good to see you, Kerem. I wonder if I can have my fiancee back, please?" He smiled, at least on the outside, as he tried to act nicely.

"Can, nice to see you too, and congratulations to the award. You and Demet...you were great together, such chemistry! And I..." Kerem got interrupted by Can, who just wanted him to shut up.

"Thanks, Kerem. Do you mind if I have a word with Sanem?" He glared at the other man and couldn't be clearer, but Kerem didn't answer him. Sanem did.

 Sanem did

"No, Can. We were having a very interesting conversation and I want to finish it, so, if you don't mind to leave us alone for another while? Please?" She gazed at his surprised expression, and at his gawking mouth.

 We were having a very interesting conversation and I want to finish it, so, if you don't mind to leave us alone for another while? Please?" She gazed at his surprised expression, and at his gawking mouth

"Thank you, Can."

She turned her attention back to Kerem and began to talk to him again. Kerem looked a bit puzzled but just glanced at Can before he got back to the conversation with her.

Can couldn't believe it. Did she just turn her back on him and did she just tell him to leave them alone? He heard how she giggled towards Kerem and he could feel how he started to boil inside. What the hell was wrong with her? Then he remembered what Metin had told him. Demet. He closed his eyes and made a grimace towards himself. Shit. He should have known by now that Sanem had a kind of sixth sense about him and how she was able to detect everything, and that included whatever he tried to keep away from her. He blew out some air before he walked over to where Metin stood.

"Good to see that you actually behaved as you promised," Metin said to Can with some irony, while both of them watched Sanem having, what it seemed to Can, the time of her life with another man. Can couldn't stand it and turned around and leaned at the bar. Metin did the same and looked at his friend when he ordered a double whiskey from the bartender.

"Can, why didn't you tell her about Demet? Or what? Did you forget that Demet had, and still has, deeper feelings for you than what you have for her? Did you think that Sanem wouldn't notice, huh? Man, your girl is extraordinary, she's smart and absolutely brilliant! No way you can hide things like that away from her, just forget it!"