62. Mr & Mrs Can Divit

Author's note
I wanted to use a Canem video of Perfect, but Dogus Digital did not agree; shit happens, so lucky me that Ed did. Thanks, Ed!😉

eri

**********

It was almost 7 o'clock when Ed got up on the tiny stage Bulut had arranged not far from the altar. There was a microphone and a loudspeaker ready for the singer, and Will handed him his guitar. He grabbed the microphone and cleared his throat. But then he laid his eyes on the altar. Yes, he was a man, the kind that normally didn't notice those kind of things around him, but...Gosh, so beautiful..!

It was a white, wooden pergola, dressed with some white, thin curtains and flowers

It was a white, wooden pergola, dressed with some white, thin curtains and flowers. Mostly baby pink and white flowers with greenery. The ground was covered by small natural stone slabs and the surroundings with green grass. In the middle, as an altar table, they had put an old wine barrel with some flowers on, and yeah, Ed got reminded of Sanem. This was so boho, so her, he thought and smiled. He glanced at his watch and turned his smiling face towards the guests and started.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome! My very dear friend Sanem asked me to sing a song for her soon to-be husband Can on their wedding, which to me is an honor; they are the most genuine and loving couple, and persons, I've had the pleasure to get to know. I've decided that the song is for both of them, so I will sing the duet version we made, me and Beyoncé, with only a few changes in the text. I hope Can and Sanem will enjoy it, and I hope all of you will."

The small group of family and friends applauded him for a moment and then got quiet again.

Ed started to play on his guitar, and that was the sign for Can to walk up towards the altar, accompanied by his brother. He tried not to hurry, even if what he really wanted was to run there as fast as he could, to get this over with, to have her by his side as Mrs Can Divit. But Can walked slowly by Emre's side, blinked at the smiling and familiar guests, greeted the pastor with a nod when he finally got there before he turned around towards the aisle. He was so impatient to see her. Emre walked over to stand by Ayhan's side, who already was in place as Sanem's only bridesmaid and witness, just like Emre was bestman and witness to Can.
He noticed that his and Sanem's family and friends were seated all mixed up in front of him, on each side of the aisle; that made him feel good, as his group was smaller than hers, and her friends were now his friends as well. They would all be one, big family from today. He bit his lip when he thought about it.

🎼"I found a love...for mee..." 🎶 Then Can saw her. She appeared at the far end of the aisle, at her father's arm. And...she was...he inhaled deeply and felt how his heart began to beat faster, and how all those butterflies in his belly woke up. She was so stunningly beautiful!

 She was so stunningly beautiful!