66. To fool or to be fooled

Sanem walked out of the agency and halted on the street for a moment. She was still pissed at Can, but at the same time...at the same time she felt good. Proud. She trusted him. Okey that he had kept the truth from her, and to listen to this Arzu's sexual offer had upset her and had made her mad, but...then Can's words had soothed her heart and mind.

She sighed and smiled when she replayed the scene up there

She sighed and smiled when she replayed the scene up there. And she knew she had been...hmm... very rude and nasty with her comment about that woman, but no, she was not going to feel bad about it! Who had offered a just married man some hot sex to catch up with old times, huh? And would those horny women, greedy for sex with her husband, ever leave them alone..? Now she sighed, exhausted, had a quick look over her shoulder while she raised her hand to get a taxi. Can was learning; he didn't come running after her as he knew that she was angry and needed some space. A taxi stopped and she slipped into the back seat. She hesitated and wondered if she should go and get her car and a few things from the flat first, but quickly decided not to; she just wanted to get home as soon as possible. She told the driver where to go and leaned back. Her head was spinning with many thoughts while she looked out through the side window. A couple of times she met eyes with the driver, when he glanced at her in the rearview mirror. When they got nearby she had to help him find their place, as the GPS still didn't give the directions as it should. He drove up on the gravel driveway, slowed down and finally stopped. He looked at the surroundings and let a small whistle out.

"Such a beautiful place! Do you live here, is the house yours?" The driver gazed at her over his shoulder when he asked. Sanem, who was searching for her wallet in the bag, looked up at him.

"Yes, we live here, this is my...our home." She got back to the bag and finally found her wallet. She took her credit card and gave it to him.

"Please, charge 10% as tip as well," she said and waited for him to charge her.

"Eh...Miss...there must be a problem with your card, I've tried twice and it's denied." He looked at her with an excusing expression on his face. Then Sanem remembered what the director of the bank had said yesterday.

"Oh no, damn it!" Sanem groaned out loud when she realized she couldn't pay him, because she only had a cancelled card, a cancelled account and not enough cash. Shit! Okey. She had to improvise then. She leaned forward.

"What's your name, Mr..? My card is cancelled since yesterday and I haven't got the new one yet, which means I can't pay you until my husband gets home. So...it's more than lunch time, have you eaten? If not, turn the taximeter on and let's have some lunch while we wait for Can to arrive. I will pay for the time you have to wait, is that okey with you?"

She looked at him with wondering eyes.