85. The Divit family is completed. (For now.)

Six days later Can and Sanem finally could bring their babies home. Both boys had suffered breathing difficulties due to some 'rubbish', that was how the doctors tried to explain it to them, in their respiratory tract when they still were in Sanem's belly, with almost no amniotic fluid left. But now, after 5 days in the incubators in the neonatal unit, and the last day in the normal hospital cots for 24 hours, Zeus and Eros were ready. Ready to go home.

Can had been so upset behind that glass, when he first saw them put Sanem to sleep and then how they took his babies away. The nurse who was with him had a really hard time to try to calm him down and to keep him in the room. She made a quiet call and 20 minutes later she showed him the way to them. On the way there, he asked her about his wife, how was she? Is she awake? Is she okey? Again the nurse did her best and promised him to find out and let him know, but first...his sons.
The midwife and the nannies welcomed him and led him to one side of the big and warm room. There were babies everywhere; different sizes, noisy, quiet, blonds, dark haired...when he reached two incubators put close together and laid eyes on them, he just knew. All of a sudden one of them cried out and kept crying. The nanny who stood nearby smiled and stuck one hand inside the incubator while she looked at Can.

"Mr Divit, this strong little man is 47 centimeters long and his weight was 2770 grams at birth, slightly bigger than his brother and with lungs like Pavarotti..! We must keep him in the incubator for a few days, but you and your wife can come at any time, okey? And then we have this other strong but a bit smaller man though; he is 46 centimeters long and his weight was..." she had a quick glance at the note with all the information "was 2660 grams. They are both in perfect conditions, except for their lungs at the moment; well, we just want to make sure they are 100% before they go home, so don't worry."

Can stared at both his babies as in disbelief

Can stared at both his babies as in disbelief. Then he got a huge smile on his face and walked over to the one who was crying and stuck his hand inside the incubator and touched him carefully.

"Hello, son. Hello, Zeus."

Zeus got quiet, as if he recognized his father's voice. Can was speechless where he stood soothing his son's tiny back with his big hand.

"Mr Divit, did you talk to them during the pregnancy?" It was the midwife who asked him in a low voice.

"Every single day", he mumbled to her and turned towards Eros. Gosh, so small..! Not really smaller than Zeus, but as he was quiet, he somehow seemed smaller to Can. He leaned in and looked at Eros' pink little face when he stuck a hand in and soothed his back, just as he had done with his other son. He heard some small squeaks from him and got tears in his eyes.

"Well, Zeus knows who you are, and for sure...what's his brother's name? He knows as well."

Can glanced at her with his wolf grin on.

"Eros. Eros and Zeus Divit."

**********

Can had gone to the grocery store to get a few things. Not much, as Mirhiban had filled their kitchen and fridge with what was needed, while he spent most of the time at the clinic with Sanem, who still had been hospitalized together with the babies.
When he got back he was greeted by Brownie, put the groceries on the kitchen counter and found the three of them together, sleeping on their king sized bed. He stood in the doorway and watched them. And got mesmerized. Again. He thought back on when he had been able to take Sanem to see her babies for the first time. He drove her in a wheelchair the morning after they were born, as she shouldn't walk with the wound and the twins were not allowed out of the neonatal unit. He spoke to her with a calm voice, as she was a bit upset, quite impatient and full of anticipation. As well she was nervous; what if they mixed one of her babies up with someone else's baby..? But Can assured and reassured her that that was not the case.