Chapter 18

Ayumi's P. O. V:

I was leaning against the boulder with my eyes closed until I hear footsteps in front of me.

"It's time to go, Ayumi-chan." My eyes peel open and I glare deathly at the Yakushi. "I've finished cleaning my instruments. Let's go."

He reaches a hand out to grab me but I flow chakra to my left leg and throw it out, striking him in the groin, hard enough to make Kabuto hunch over as he clutches it. I snarl, "I told you not to touch me!"

Kabuto grunts as I hear Orochimaru chuckle. He steps over to us, grinning at me. "Let's not mess around, Kabuto."

"Forgive me, Orochimaru-sama, but the Princess is being rather difficult. Perhaps I should knock her out again?"

"Do as you see fit, but we need to hurry," Orochimaru orders.

I jerk away from Kabuto but then he grabs my waist and throws me over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. I let out a squeal of protest as I try to kick at him. "Put me down, Four Eyes!!"

"You won't be able to catch up to us like this, Ayumi-chan," He tells me simply.

I growl and continue to kick at him, but the silver haired man seems to be unfazed. He turns and Kabuto, Orochimaru and Sai take off for the hideout once more, with the Yakushi ignoring my protests throughout the rest of the journey.

We soon cross into a barren land and stop by a huge rock formation. Orochimaru performs the snake hand sign and I turn my head just enough to see the rock split open to reveal a hidden entrance. It looks really dark inside, too.

Just perfect for a Snake Lord.

Kabuto drops me on my feet and I growl as he forcefully turns me to face the entrance.

Orochimaru glances to Kabuto as he asks, "Shall we, then?"

"Yes, Sir!"

The four of us step inside, Kabuto making sure I don't try to make a run for it. Our footsteps echo eerily on the stone floors. The corridors were made of stone or rock and are a bit dim, but they were lined with braziers flickering with flame.

The corridor feels like it goes on forever. It soon opens up in a large chamber, lined with pillars of stone, that's dimmer than the corridor. The only light from candies perched in the eyes of a snake curving above an altar at the other end of the chamber.

I see a figure sitting on an altar up ahead. When he opens his eyes, we're met with the burning red of the Sharingan.

 When he opens his eyes, we're met with the burning red of the Sharingan

My heart leaps into my throat. Could it really be...?

"You're late," Says a deep but cool and familiar voice that makes me freeze with a gasp. I know that voice! "If I'm not mistaken, or weren't you supposed to be here to help me hone a new Jutsu this afternoon, Orochimaru?"